Updating Battery FW
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Squirrel
lvl.4

United States

I pressume it is automatically updated when the P3s is updated? How would one 'update' a new (extra) battery?
2016-3-3
Use props
sidtx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266729 ft
United States

I bought a new battery this weekend.

I didn't know what would happen when I first used a new battery, so I decided to find out at home, before I went flying.

I pulled the props off the aircraft,  inserted the new battery, and started everything up as normal.

The DJI GO app immediately said that I needed a firmware update.  Interestingly, it didn't specify if this was an aircraft update or a battery update.    I proceeded to allow it to update.   Seemed to take about 10 minutes.

After the update, I shut everything down.  Then restarted.  It said it was ready to fly.

Then, just because I'm paranoid about things,  I shut everything down, and inserted/restarted with the old/original battery.   Everything started up with no problems.

Took her flying later that day.  Everything worked without any issues.  Both batteries and the aircraft worked/operated as normal.

Sid
2016-3-3
Use props
Terry G
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1773327 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just updated a new battery on my P3 4K.  Inserted a formatted micro SD card in the camera. Started the DJI GO app, connected the iPad 2 air to the wifi on the transmitter, started the P3 4K and followed the instructions on the iPad/Go app. Once finished it said it was successful. Simple even for an old guy.
2016-3-3
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

yes, in standard and 4k battery will update automatically
2016-3-4
Use props
Sky dreamer
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-4 10:25
yes, in standard and 4k battery will update automatically

I'm having two batteries, one of the battery needs to be update with a new firmware and in the DJI Go app   a sign show up "A new update is required please find more information in the advanced manual"

I can't find anything in the manual and DJI-Tim is telling us the battery will be update automatically.

What to do, please help?

2016-3-4
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Sky dreamer Posted at 2016-3-4 18:24
I'm having two batteries, one of the battery needs to be update with a new firmware and in the DJI ...

You  will have to make an update procedure again but this time it will update only battery
2016-3-4
Use props
Squirrel
lvl.4

United States

Cool! And now I know. Thankyou.
2016-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules