Standard Propellers or Carbon Fiber Propellers?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Troubleshooter
lvl.3
  • >>>

I recently broke my Blades and but thank goodness i had some extra ones,  im about to buy some replacements but i notice that Dji sells the carbon fiber blades are a higher price
my question is , is it worth it? has anybody here bought those blades? does it make a difference in flight?

2016-3-3
Use props
leorvasquez
lvl.2

If you don't mind me asking, how did you break your blades? I have a Phantom 3 Advanced, still have the blades that came with it. But I am also considering buying some of the 9450 carbon fiber blades from DJI. They weigh about the same according to DJI, but the carbon fiber blades are supposed to be more durable. Anyone else have any feedback on these?
2016-3-3
Use props
Othan1
lvl.2

United States

I own a few sets and I enjoy them.  Some say they're quieter...I don't remember now as it's been quite some time since using the others.
2016-3-3
Use props
V-22 Osprey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 361 ft
United States

I'm sure the CF props are good, just not sure they are needed.  I like the plastic ones to be a weak link should they touch the ground.  With RC planes it is pretty easy to bend a motor shaft with a CF prop.  But its not hard to change a shaft on most brushless motors.  No clue on the Phantoms.  Is that even a part you can buy?  I'm just going to stick with the plastic ones, they work good.
2016-3-3
Use props
JockC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

I own both the standard and the CF propellers. For what it's worth, I believe the CF tend to be more responsive however this might not be such a good thing if your primary objective is to go out and take some good photos or videos. If that's the goal then I believe the smoother flight from the plastic props is the way to go.
CF props are VERY rigid and I believe they would cause serious injury if they were to hit an arm or leg. Being more rigid, any contact with an object would also result in more of the forces directly  impacting the motors.
If your objective is to have your P3 dart around like a humming bird then CF may make it feel better but, for general use, I'd recommend sticking to the plastic props (a bonus is that you also get twice as many for the same price as a set of CF props).
2016-3-3
Use props
Troubleshooter
lvl.3
  • >>>

leorvasquez Posted at 2016-3-4 11:06
If you don't mind me asking, how did you break your blades? I have a Phantom 3 Advanced, still have  ...

well it was my fault for the crash i was bringing down my phantom  and i got a text message  on my phone that i glanced at for like 1 second and i clipped a tree branch and it tumbled down into the branches and then hit the ground the point where the battery popped out, but the thing is the gimble and everything is in tact  no issues no nothing so far, the blades broke the fall , i was blessed to just have a few scrapes on the body my stickers came off  , i just so happen to have some extra blades from DJI

Note
Put your phone into airplane mode when your flying, get to the location so that way you can get the location from the Gps for the map then after that go airplane mode,
2016-3-3
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

I always was satisfied with the original ones
2016-3-3
Use props
chanrz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 171043 ft

Love my CF props.
2016-3-4
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

I bought set of CF props to test if I could get better stability for long exposure photos, but I can't say I can tell any difference.  I wouldn't bother with them again.
2016-3-4
Use props
kperison
lvl.1

Canada

JockC Posted at 2016-3-4 13:26
I own both the standard and the CF propellers. For what it's worth, I believe the CF tend to be more ...

I agree. The CF props are much more responsive. Enhanced acceleration and braking are very noticeable.  Not sure it makes that much difference just hovering, slow travel or rotation. I prefer them for sure.
2016-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules