RC Calibration 100% in a fraction of a touch
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PaulNicholson
lvl.1

United Kingdom

My DJI P3S remote is behaving very strange. Not only do I get signal drop outs all the time going from full signal to no signal the unit will not bank left and right. It will just wobble in mid air and stay straight. When running an RC calibration the dials read 100% with just the slightest touch of the RC. Does anyone know what this could be.
One last thing which has really got me going. Im unable to start the AC up by pushing my RC levers down and to the middle. The unit will however start if I push my levers out and to to bottom.
Thanks in advance.

Paul

2016-3-4
Use props
foxy-stoat
lvl.2

United Kingdom

If you read the manual you will see that push levers down and out, or in will start the quad, not  both down.

Not sure about your first problem, update everything, try powering up the quad without props and see if the motors work ok.
2016-3-4
Use props
QuadBart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256506 ft
  • >>>
United States

foxy-stoat Posted at 2016-3-4 10:54
If you read the manual you will see that push levers down and out, or in will start the quad, not  b ...

The CSC maneuver can be both sticks down and to the inside corners (left stick at about the 4-5 oclock position and right stick at the 7-8 o'clock position in the corners)  This CSC works for me.  I think thats what the OP is taking about...

I would do an IMU calibration again in a different location and ensure there is nothing that might interfere like generators, large metal objects, etc...
2016-3-4
Use props
PaulNicholson
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks Guys.

DJI requesting the unit back so they can run their checks on it.

Is this wise or just a money making exercise by them.

Paul
2016-3-4
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

The first problem if I understand correct sounds like their could be an impedance problem with the RC so may be best for DJI to look at it/or return and exchange it depending how long you have had it and if you have in fact done the RC calibration correctly...

The second problem is not a problem!...you are not performing the CSC correct per earlier posters....
2016-3-4
Use props
PaulNicholson
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks North49
2016-3-4
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

No problem,
Also consider when landing the bird to only use left stick down once it has touched down as this will significantly reduce the chance of it tipping over as the CSC for stopping it is a bit convoluted...and the single left stick down will do the same thing....
2016-3-4
Use props
PaulNicholson
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Since I've had this problem I've only been landing using the app and in a wide open space as i have no low control over the bird. Once I'm 6ft thats it just straight on down and off. Im trying to upload the video to show the yaw and roll of the AC

Thanks
2016-3-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The symptoms you describe would suggest that the RC unit is poorly calibrated. This would explain why you cannot arm the engines and probably why it does not fly properly.

I would persevere in trying to calibrate the RC unit. Perhaps you are missing a step? If you cannot get it right, then it may need to be sent in for repair.  
2016-3-4
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

PaulNicholson Posted at 2016-3-4 13:56
Thanks Guys.

DJI requesting the unit back so they can run their checks on it.

If they are offering warranty repair,  go for it.  The Standard has a known range problem with some of them.  Jump on a repair offer if free.
2016-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules