Gimbal bouncing back
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rodolfo Vaz
lvl.2
Brazil

Hi there guys,

something is happening to my Gimbal and it seems to me that it started after firmware update (I´ve got the latest now). So far I haven´t had any crash or anything similar, so that´s not the issue. Also, when I change its angle in a Mission (Litchi app interpolation), it works flawlessly.

Concerning the issue, suppose gimbal´s angle is -20 degrees. In this case, if I push the wheel to the left, it seems to go to -15 degrees first and then to -20, -25, -30 and so on. If its angle is -70 degrees and I push the wheel to the right, it seems to go to -75 degrees and then to -70, -65, -60 and so on.

There is no problem if it´s at 0 or -90 degrees. The problem also doesn´t happen when I´m on a Mission. I checked the RC calibration and it´s working really great. I´m also not mishandling the wheel.

I have changed the gain to 50% and this problem is less noticeable, although it still happens.

Does anyone have a clue on what I should do?

The video below shows the RC Calibration, the camera´s view and the mobile´s view.

Thanks

P3S
2016-3-5
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

The gimbal seems like it is moving very quickly.  Sorry,  but that is all I can see here.  Maybe I am not understanging the issue.    Anyone else?
2016-3-5
Use props
Rodolfo Vaz
lvl.2
Brazil

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-3-6 03:42
The gimbal seems like it is moving very quickly.  Sorry,  but that is all I can see here.  Maybe I a ...

Thanks Kneepuck,

the issue is that when I try to move the camera up, it first goes a bit down before proceding up. And when I try to move the camera down, it first moves up before proceding down. As English is not my first (or even second) language, my explanation may not be good ...
Thanks again
2016-3-5
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Rodolfo Vaz Posted at 2016-3-5 13:46
Thanks Kneepuck,

the issue is that when I try to move the camera up, it first goes a bit down bef ...

Ok  I understand now.  Yes,  that is very odd.  Perhaps you might check to make sure the cable connectors on the gimbal are  firmly plugged in.  Also,  if you have the ability to try a different app,  like Litchi,  or even re-install the Dji-Go app.
2016-3-5
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

i'd recommend you to lower the speed of the gimbal pitch and try again. http://forum.dji.com/thread-39893-1-1.html Please check this thread about gimbal settings. Hope it helps
2016-3-7
Use props
Rodolfo Vaz
lvl.2
Brazil

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-7 17:37
i'd recommend you to lower the speed of the gimbal pitch and try again. http://forum.dji.com/thread- ...

Hi there, DJI-Tim and thanks for the replies.

Hard time at work and it´s been raining everyday down here ... Hopefully I´ll be able to fly tomorrow morning (I´m sure it´s gonna rain afternoon).

I´ve checked the cables and they are firmly plugged in. Regarding the APP, I often use Litchi and tomorrow I´ll try with DJI GO APP. I had already lowered the gimbal pitch to 50%, as I don´t like to see it moving too fast.

Your post was great. I have just autocalibrated the Gimbal and tomorrow I`ll try to see what happens. I´ll also try to tweak Gimbal Pitch EXP and Smooth.

It´s good to see DJI helping their customers.

I´ll let you know the results.

Cheers
2016-3-11
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Lower the speed of the" Gimbal Pitch" Way Down .  It is similar to the "synchronous yaw"  I always disable mine .  See if that helps. After updates things get  out of sorts.  I always write down my settings before an update.  Just take some pics with your phone, easy peasy lemon squeezy.

-Donnie
2016-3-11
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Rodolfo Vaz Posted at 2016-3-12 08:25
Hi there, DJI-Tim and thanks for the replies.

Hard time at work and it´s been raining everyday d ...

Thank you Rodolfo! Waiting for the results
2016-3-11
Use props
Rodolfo Vaz
lvl.2
Brazil

Donnie Posted at 2016-3-11 22:09
Lower the speed of the" Gimbal Pitch" Way Down .  It is similar to the "synchronous yaw"  I always d ...

Thanks, Donnie. I´ve changed some settings and now it worked fine!!!! Guess I´ll have to check the settings after each update.
Cheers
2016-3-14
Use props
Rodolfo Vaz
lvl.2
Brazil

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-12 00:30
Thank you Rodolfo! Waiting for the results

Hi there, Tim,

Everything is working fine after I changed some settings.

Soon I´ll post a video (not a test video) with gimbal working fine. Anyway, next time I´ll test the drone after each setting change I do in order to understand what the problem was. This time I recalibrated everything in o row (IMU, Compass, RC and Gimbal) and tweaked Gimbal pitch to 50% (I guess I was affraid of having a hardware problem with my P3S).

I´m sorry I don´t know which one (or some of them) fixed my issue, but it´s now working fine.

Cheers
2016-3-14
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Rodolfo Vaz Posted at 2016-3-14 20:54
Hi there, Tim,

Everything is working fine after I changed some settings.

Glad it worked out for you!
2016-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules