Regarding Voiding Warranties
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mstephen12
lvl.1

I have a question I am hoping people can help with.  The first week I had my drone I bought summitlink snap-on guards and when installed the mount for the last one I did not pay attention and put the screw in without the mount piece there and damaged the motor.  After an appropriate level of panic I researched it online and watched videos of how to replace the motor myself; I ordered the replacement dji motor and opened my drone up and installed the motor with no issues at all, drone works fantastic again and I am flying like mad.

The question is, did I completely void my warranty when I opened the shell up and soldered that new motor in?  I did it very well and even put silicone back over the connections.  If anyone knows for a fact either way please post and let me know.  Thanks!
2016-3-7
Use props
mcphipps900
lvl.3

I suppose if they can't tell you did it, you are golden my friend.
2016-3-7
Use props
iLuvMyPhantom
lvl.1

mcphipps900 Posted at 2016-3-8 10:54
I suppose if they can't tell you did it, you are golden my friend.

Yeah not sure Im covered on that aspect;  there's a few nicks where the body joins together and the silicone I used to cover the soldering is clear while the stuff they use is murky.  Really hoping a DJI person will see this and let us all know .
2016-3-9
Use props
iLuvMyPhantom
lvl.1

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2016-3-10 00:24
Yes, you pretty much voided your warranty... Not really a big deal, personally I think warranties a ...

Yeah I was grinning like a little kid.  Was so scared as I had never done anything like that before and I have a pretty severe budget so bit the bullet and 'got 'er done'.  Doing that definitely makes me want to try more advanced modding; knowing I can fix things on it myself makes more willing to try filming in riskier situations (I live next to a federal preserve with 100-120ft trees everywhere so I never get to have a big open area to fly like I see others doing).  Even with that though I have gotten my drone out to 2000m (400ft elev) and brought it back without using RTH.  Think once I can improve my antenna I am going to fly it deep into the preserve as there is wildlife and plants in it that don't exist anywhere else on earth (back in prehistoric times when the continents shifted The Big Thickett National Preserve is where 3 continents collided and the wildlife and plants intermingled).  If I ever get a great shot I'll be sure to post it!
2016-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules