United States

can you use 3rd party app with dji 3
2016-3-7
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

you can, but I expect you wont get any warranty if it behaves badly or drops out of the air!
2016-3-7
Use props
hummingbird.uav
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Yes I use Maps Made Easy to make images of large areas.

MME Flight Path

MME Flight Path

2016-3-7
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Can you be more specific ie. do you mean in replacement of the DJI Go Ap?
If so, definitely...
Litchi as a flight controller? Definitely Yes and lots doing it and very happy with it....
There are others, just need to investigate it....
2016-3-7
Use props
dragon1986442
New
Flight distance : 773760 ft
United States

OK i looked to the litchi app and the Autopilot app too but i did get a warranty on the dji 3 if something happen to it would i get covered i know the dji app does a lot but im just looking to get better videos and pics
2016-3-7
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

hummingbird.uav Posted at 2016-3-7 12:21
Yes I use Maps Made Easy to make images of large areas.

What do people do with the flyover data you give them?  Is it  Like heat signature or what ?

-Cheers - donnie
2016-3-7
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

dragon1986442 Posted at 2016-3-8 02:37
OK i looked to the litchi app and the Autopilot app too but i did get a warranty on the dji 3 if som ...

None of the third party aps are going to "improve" your photos per se, they may have different picture mode options or recording options etc. but the camera is what the camera is...3rd party photo/video aps would address that.
With regard to warranty, DJI will need to address that,
2016-3-7
Use props
Dr. Acula
lvl.2

Not sure what DJI's warranty policy is regarding third-party apps, but I haven't heard any of the reps warn about them.  I do know there is a SDK (software developer's kit) that DJI made available for developers to interface to the Phantoms, and I believe that is what all the apps must use to control the Phantom.  So third-party apps are something DJI had in mind, and I certainly appreciate that.

2016-3-7
Use props
hummingbird.uav
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Donnie Posted at 2016-3-7 11:44
What do people do with the flyover data you give them?  Is it  Like heat signature or what ?

-Che ...

It results in a high resolution image of the area in Jpg and tif form.  Also an elevation color contour image, blues are low yellow is high and finally an online 3D image file where distances, areas and volumes can be measured. Try this link to one of my test maps.

https://www.mapsmadeeasy.com/map ... 5ae9f0b305694a8375c
2016-3-7
Use props
citivas
lvl.2

United States

Dr. Acula Posted at 2016-3-7 15:31
Not sure what DJI's warranty policy is regarding third-party apps, but I haven't heard any of the re ...

There was another topic where someone had a sudden drop-out-of-the-sky failure.  They posted all the data and it was pretty obvious it was a power failure and not CSC-related.  Eventually a couple of the DJI-affiliated people on this forum helped him get a warranty repair but not before he went several rounds with DJI by email where they claimed he was not covered because he was using Autopilot.  Had it not been for his use of this forum and his excellent data they would have shut him down because of the third party app use.  They certainly tried.
2016-3-7
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

hummingbird.uav Posted at 2016-3-7 14:38
It results in a high resolution image of the area in Jpg and tif form.  Also an elevation color co ...

Thank You .

-donnie
2016-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules