Phantom 3 standard problem on horizon level
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
noypi53
lvl.1

I have my drone for about a week now and flew it for about 3 times. I got this drone used thru CL in almost new condition. The first time I flew it, I noticed that the horizon is not level. The only solution I've done is when I edit it thru final cut pro x is I level it thru tranform. But, doing this I cropped some footage. Can anyone tell me any advice on how to solve this problem? Thanks...
2016-3-7
Use props
nailbiter
lvl.1

This seems to be a problem for DJI for some time.

There are two adjustments you can try.

There's an "auto gimbal" adjustment menu item in the DJI GO software.

They also added a manual gimbal adjustment as well.

I'm sorry, but you'll have to dig around in the DJI GO menu items.  I suspect the gimbal adjust would be in the menus for next to the Gimbal icon.

If the automatic adjustment doesn't level things out, you can always manually tilt it until the horizon is level.

Not being an engineer, I cannot figure why the gimbal is so hard to keep level when they do such a fantastic job of stabilizing the images.  Perhaps they need one more sensor in the camera to tell the system if the camera itself is level...  
2016-3-7
Use props
noypi53
lvl.1

nailbiter Posted at 2016-3-8 12:04

I check it out and see if it works. I wonder if  this happens to some P3P's 4k cameras? Thank you so much for your help...
2016-3-7
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, please try to do the IMU calibration and gimbal calibration in the DJI GO app, you can also try to do the gimbal roll adjustment in the app.
2016-3-7
Use props
noypi53
lvl.1

nailbiter Posted at 2016-3-8 12:04

yeah!! did it...Thanks...
2016-3-7
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

http://forum.dji.com/thread-39893-1-1.html you also can refer to this thread
2016-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now