DJI What are you going to do??
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
haraldnilsen85.
lvl.1

Norway

On Several forums and facbook groups around the world there are now countless people who have rc signal lost / range problems with Phantom standard 3. What is your plan ?? Is it planned new firmware or other solution to the problem?

Best regards
Owner of a phantom 3 std with the range of a selfie stick.

2016-3-8
Use props
QuadBart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256506 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'd suggest sending the flight data logs to DJi so they can determine the cause of the loss of signal. There are so many variables they need more data to see if there is some common denominator.  When I had my Standard, I had no range or loss of signal issues (significant).    I sold mine to a guy who lives amongst the pine trees in the high country and he hasn't had any issues.  Not saying they don't exist, just saying DJi needs comprehensive flight data to help diagnose and address this issue...
2016-3-8
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, could you please provide more details about your problem?
2016-3-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

As others have reported, try buying the Litchi App and see if you still have the same problem. Some are reporting no issues of range with Litchi.
2016-3-8
Use props
jeonsi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1109491 ft
South Korea

From the Litch manual:       "Transmission Channel: Select a transmission channel between 0 to 31, or auto. On auto, the channel will be selected automatically."
I guess this is the magic by  which Litch is being reported having no issues of range with Phantom 3 standard...

2016-3-8
Use props
haraldnilsen85.
lvl.1

Norway

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-3-9 04:12
Hi, could you please provide more details about your problem?

RC signal lost after take off (30-40m). The signal comes and goes and Phantom RTH. (Have video feed all the time) Have linked phantom and rc again, calibrated rc and the imu, Installed app again and always calibrate compass. All antenna connections are ok inside rc and inside the phantom. At the location there are no buildings and power lines. Firmware are 1.3.50.
2016-3-9
Use props
haraldnilsen85.
lvl.1

Norway

Geebax Posted at 2016-3-9 05:01
As others have reported, try buying the Litchi App and see if you still have the same problem. Some  ...

Thanks will try with the litchi app before i send the Phantom back to the deler.
2016-3-9
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

My personal suggestion, is to replace the stock antenna like I did.

True that does not fix the existing issue about why the stock antenna on the standard has range problems, but it is an option.
2016-3-9
Use props
haraldnilsen85.
lvl.1

Norway

microcyb Posted at 2016-3-9 15:27
My personal suggestion, is to replace the stock antenna like I did.

True that does not fix the exis ...

I ordered a arg tech antenna before all of my range/RC signal lost problems . So this is on the way.
I have managed 1.1 km with CE version. But the next day I could only go 30-40m before I got RC signal lost.
What range did you do with the original antenna?
2016-3-9
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

haraldnilsen85. Posted at 2016-3-9 07:23
RC signal lost after take off (30-40m). The signal comes and goes and Phantom RTH. (Have video fe ...

Perhaps you could " Enable hardware decode"  This will take some of the Load off the processor.  Make sure no other apps are running in the backround as well.      Make sure you watch the video on antenna  orientation .  Give these a shot and see if it helps.

Also calibrate that compass once in a wide open field with NO Metal in the area, leave the transmitter at least 20 feet away as well, make sure No coins in Pocket as well.  Just do it once carefully and then only do it if you travel over 100 miles from this  site.  Also Make sure when you calibrate the IMU it is on a DEAD level surface.  

Sorry if you are having trouble- donnie
2016-3-9
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
United States

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2016-3-9 10:07
ditch the standard and get a p3pro. :-p

True, but the standard is a great newbie bird to start with.
2016-3-9
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
United States

haraldnilsen85. Posted at 2016-3-9 09:56
I ordered a arg tech antenna before all of my range/RC signal lost problems . So this is on the wa ...

Before I replaced the stock antenna, I was able to get around 300-400 meters due to high congestion of Wifi.  Open areas, 800 m, so it was not that good.
I knew this was hardware related as I already changed my settings such as hardware decode on, calibration, etc, etc, etc.
The stock antenna for standard looked just too simple and tiny, so opened up the remote and also saw the tiny 2.4ghz panels.

Played with the DIY windsurfer, and sure enough the range increased RC range increased. Bingo! Hardware.

Right away only after owning my bird for a month, I upgraded the controller.
DBS has had great reviews, and also the Argtek.  I was a tough choice, but the Argtek was cheaper.

The Argtek has 2 2.4 ghz 7 dBi panel antennas and on 5.8 gHz 8 dBi high gain antenna.
NOTE: take your time installing the cable, they are very small and kinda a b*tch to snap on.

Used hit glue to isolate the connectors, and sure as sh*t, the range increased to 5300 feet.
Then just for fun, I replaced the 5.8 gHz antenna with a 5.8 gHz 11 dBi panel antenna and holy cow balls, I now get 2 miles.
2016-3-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

For those having short range issue with your P3S, here's a tutorial video that may help.
And how is the WiFi signal strength, it could be there's a lot of interference in your flying area wince the P3S operates on WiFi.

2016-3-9
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-9 10:43
For those having short range issue with your P3S, here's a tutorial video that may help.
And how is  ...

I lost track how many times I have seen this video.
2016-3-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

microcyb Posted at 2016-3-9 23:57
I lost track how many times I have seen this video.

I've also lost track of how many times I've posted it.
But it' still helping people who are unaware of it.
I've seen tons of people who purchase a Phantom and it's the first RC aircraft they've ever had and you'd be surprised on how many think the tip of the antenna should be pointed at the aircraft.
2016-3-9
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
United States

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2016-3-9 11:18
But see... You should be making your OWN videos. You're slacking.  I figured you'd have at least 7  ...

You know, you're right!
I better make a new video on this.
2016-3-9
Use props
haraldnilsen85.
lvl.1

Norway

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2016-3-9 16:07
ditch the standard and get a p3pro. :-p

I regret I bought it. Sending the P3Sh@$t back to my dealer tomorrow.
2016-3-9
Use props
haraldnilsen85.
lvl.1

Norway

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-9 16:43
And how is  ...

Have seen this video. I have my antenna in the correct angle. At my 5th flight i had a range of 1,1 km now i have 30-40m (CE version).
2016-3-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

haraldnilsen85. Posted at 2016-3-10 03:03
Have seen this video. I have my antenna in the correct angle. At my 5th flight i had a range of 1, ...

Can you contact the support center and explain your range and see what they say.
http://www.dji.com/support
2016-3-9
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
United States

haraldnilsen85. Posted at 2016-3-9 12:55
I regret I bought it. Sending the P3Sh@$t back to my dealer tomorrow.

Great deals on the pro and adv. or the new phantom 4!
2016-3-9
Use props
haraldnilsen85.
lvl.1

Norway

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-9 20:14
Can you contact the support center and explain your range and see what they say.
http://www.dji.co ...

I send it to my dealer in Norway. if they can not fix it I buy P3 Adv instead.
2016-3-9
Use props
haraldnilsen85.
lvl.1

Norway

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-9 20:14
http://www.dji.co ...

I send it to my dealer in Norway. if they can not fix it I buy P3 Adv instead.
2016-3-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

The only time I ever felt a flight was restricted from flying any great distance, was with the Phantom 3 Pro' locked in Begginner mode. ;-)
Having the ability to fly out to a relative great distance, is why I bought this particular drone in the first place.  Non of my other RC models could come close.
They may be able to fly a long way, but I wouldn't have any ideas where they actually were, compared to having the Go app and iPad Air 2 video screen in hand.
Also with the current flight always being drawn on the screen, it's much easier to simply turn around and follow your course back to home point.
As much as some folks complain, we must admit when everything is working properly, we have quite a sophisticated piece if hardware in out midst.

RedHotPoker
2016-3-9
Use props
jeonsi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1109491 ft
South Korea

I'm using P3S, and tested with litchi app yesterday.
In the menu of litchi, there is a choice for video channel selection (auto and channel 0 ~ 31). I have changed it to channel 24 for example, but the controller insists channels 10  ignoring my choice in the litchi app. litchi app doesn't help, either. For P3A and P3P, I've searched on the net  they uses channel 13 ~ 20, but actually I din't see it personally. If P3A and P3P uses wifi channel 13 - 20, is it also illegal, because it is 2.5Ghz, not 2.4Ghz in frequencies? I can't understand DJI policy for the frequency usages.
2016-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules