My New phantom2 rc attenna broke off
3344 7 2015-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wayne30152
New

United States

I just got a new phantom2 for Christmas.  I have been reading a lot about it and I was about ready to fly it for the first when someone stepped on the Rc antenna.  The controller is the new version with the gimbal wheel and does not require batteries.  It appears the wire that is inside the antenna has broke off.
Does anyone know if the wire can be repaired or am I simply out of luck.

If I buy another one will it work with the phantom2 that I have?  
2015-1-8
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

http://fpvlr.com/shop/index.php? ... &product_id=103        

Hey another option is to get the extended range antenna I just ordered one there is a large difference from the 100% perfect reviews.

2015-1-8
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yes, you can purchase another controller and bind to the Phantom and it will work quite well.  I haven't seen just the part unless you go with something like an antenna upgrade which many people have done to increase control distance; that would be much less $$ than a new controller.
2015-1-8
Use props
Jamie Hellmich
lvl.4

United States

Wayne,

Call Atlanta Hobby.  They are a DJI dealer, and not that far from you.

http://www.atlantahobby.com/store/pc/home.asp

If they don't have an antenna , it might be quicker to just get a new controller, and they would probably bind it for you.  They probably have the transmitters in stock.

Jamie
2015-1-8
Use props
Humboldt710
lvl.2

United States

You can get a  Mini PCI IPX U.FL to RP-SMA on ebay for cheap and then just attach that to the original antenna location. Then you can screw on a better antenna. Like this.
Phantom2TransmitterAntennaMod.jpg
2015-1-8
Use props
damon.moberly
lvl.1

United States

the mini PCI pigtail (wire that connects inside the radio will cost you about 3 bucks on eBay or amazon)..  you can buy a tpi 5 or 8 dbi antenna for about 5 bucks at both those online retailers..not only will you fix your existing radio but save quite a few bucks.. requires about an hour to do the changeover of the wire inside the radio (if you are being careful) and a dremel to create space at the top of the RC to get the new connector to fit.

fix your radio for about 10 bucks AND extend your range.
2015-1-9
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

I concur with Humboldt710.

Alternatively, I saw a DJI antenna from a remote on eBay for $1.99 starting bid / $7.50 buy it now.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-PHANTOM-ANTENNA-W-WIRE-AND-CONNECTOR-/201260129902?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2edc09de6e
2015-1-10
Use props
Wayne30152
New

United States

Thank you all for your help.

I looked at the link Gil sent and it looks exactly like what I have. However, I like the idea of the PCI  pigtail. Will that work for my rc. I called Atlanta hobby (thank you Jamie)but  they did not sell this item. To be honest they didn't even know about such a thing.
I'm just wondering if the connectors are the same. I tried to attach a picture of mine but I guess I can't even solve that problem. Like I said I'm a newbie.
2015-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules