Why Not Available When Announced?
578 4 2016-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
leonardk12.comc
lvl.2

Do not understand the game played where they announce a new product and not have it available at same time. Lots of companies do this. Why not just hold announcement until product is ready for sale?

2016-3-11
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Lenny,
Have you ever been to or seen an Auto Show?...Or Have you ever seen a commercial of any kind depicting an event that is to take place or a movie that is to debut or a product of any other kind?..Are you Serious?

It is called "Advertising"...HYPE!
2016-3-11
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I do think DJI announces there products a little early such as the x5r, the thermal camera, the osmo x5 adapter to name a few. I think 10 days or even two weeks between announcement and launch is sufficient but 5 or 6 months is a bit long.
2016-3-11
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

it's all about marketing and advertisement...
2016-3-11
Use props
leonardk12.comc
lvl.2

So how many new customers see the "hype" and think of a purchase but find they can't now and move on to other things they can buy and forget the "hype" and never buy. Only the old customers have to endure the wait. Know that happens because I have been that "lost" new customer many times. And why would not the "hype" work just as well and maybe make lots of new customer sales when the product is able to be purchased NOW not later. Ask a thirsty man if he wants a drink, then tell him he has to wait till next month????? Strange.
2016-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules