Slowly descends while flying forward
1320 13 2016-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dan1el101
lvl.2

Australia

appolagies if this has been aswered before but i cant find anything on the issue!

recently my phantom 2 has started decending on its own as im flying level without wanting to desened and the drone repetadly flasshes red even on full charge and am no to afraid of lossing it when im flying or having a bad crash!

the drone is up to date

the other issue is i dont have any tilt controll on my gimble anymore (just randomly stoped one day) and just sits level now if any one can help with this issue as well please id greatly appricate it!!
2016-3-11
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Did you do IMU calibration? Of it doesn't help, please re-install the firmware
2016-3-12
Use props
dan1el101
lvl.2

Australia

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-12 19:14
Did you do IMU calibration? Of it doesn't help, please re-install the firmware

Hi Tim,

I'm trying to do that now but when i plug it in it constantly beeps and the app or computer won't recognise it.

any suggestions here?
2016-3-12
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

Are you sure it is descending, I thought mine was doing the same thing so I had my buddy watch the altitude on my iPad and it stayed at the same altitude even though the P3 looked as if it was descending.
2016-3-12
Use props
dan1el101
lvl.2

Australia

thumb Posted at 2016-3-13 13:43
Are you sure it is descending, I thought mine was doing the same thing so I had my buddy watch the a ...

yeah, even when its hovering it starts dropping down and i actually have to fly significantly up to counter it
2016-3-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

dan1el101 Posted at 2016-3-13 15:54
yeah, even when its hovering it starts dropping down and i actually have to fly significantly up t ...

If you cannot cure that by doing a compass and IMU calibration (which I suspect you can't), you most like have a faulty barometer, and it needs to be sent to DJI to be replaced.
2016-3-12
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

in this case I would agree with Geebax, that could be a broken barometer
2016-3-13
Use props
dan1el101
lvl.2

Australia

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-14 14:46
in this case I would agree with Geebax, that could be a broken barometer

would you know the part number or name and the best best location in Australia or online to purchase this then? cheers
2016-3-16
Use props
dan1el101
lvl.2

Australia

Geebax Posted at 2016-3-13 16:18
If you cannot cure that by doing a compass and IMU calibration (which I suspect you can't), you mo ...

thanks for the help =)
2016-3-16
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Before you replace the hardware be sure you have gone through the the steps to ensure the calibrations all all current and correct. Mainly the IMU and then the RC. Once those are completed look at the settings to be sure they are within specs. Only after that would I consider a hardware change. If you do then reclalibrate for sure. If the gimbal stopped working and you are having control issues I woul suspect a firmware and calibration issue.
2016-3-17
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

dan1el101 Posted at 2016-3-13 08:40
Hi Tim,

I'm trying to do that now but when i plug it in it constantly beeps and the app or comput ...

Are you on a PC?
you need the DJI win driver and the Phantom Assistant and RC Assistant.
Not sure which exact version Phantom you have but here may help....
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2/info#downloads

Are you hooking up to the right port on the Phantom, the one under the little flap is the correct one...

Specificallly which red flash pattern, have you compared it to the manual to find out the symptom as it will often help determine cause.....
Error.JPG
2016-3-17
Use props
1999fxd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1106 ft
Thailand

mine starts doing it after low battery warning, so maybe yours is reco a bad battery or something along those lines
2016-3-19
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

1999fxd@gmail.c Posted at 2016-3-19 19:00
mine starts doing it after low battery warning, so maybe yours is reco a bad battery or something al ...

Your Phantom will always auto land when the battery reaches a certain point....You need to keep an eye on this on your phone/tablet as it will give you an audible warning at approx 22% and then auto land at a level below that, you can also tell it to go home and land at the audible warning or to land where it is (very dangerous), i highly recommend the "go home and land"....

On the second post of this thread are how i have my settings from one year ago which still remain today.....

http://forum.dji.com/thread-9937-1-1.html
2016-3-20
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

At approx 8% battery life it will autoland no matter what's under it. Down she comes automatically.
2016-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules