Firmware Error.
3127 4 2015-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zioper
New

Poland

Hi guys.
I have a serious problem. I left my father a Phantom 2 for a few weeks. Everything was fine, but he decided to upgrade frimware. Becouse he can't speak English at all he messed up big time.

While he was updating (it was Zenmuse Gimbal software) there was a big red sign "DO NOT TURN POWER OFF", and what he did was read "POWER" and have pressed the Power button.

Updating process was aborted.

Now Phantom won't start up. There's only a short beep and short led blink, and Phantom goes off.
While connected to a PC, it loads for a sec, PhantomAssistant says something about wrong firmware, and urgent update needed, but becouse of power off, you can do jack.

Is there a way to reapair that at home ? Should i unmont the mainboard and send to a specific company or something ?

Thanks in advance for every single anserw.
2015-1-9
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

There is a YouTube video on doing a "hard reset" (essentially zeroing the flight controller)Hard Reset Firmware on Phantom2, Vision+, Naza Light & V2
http://youtu.be/v7sg_7FmZ4g  (Marionville Multirotors Sep 11, 2014)

(There is a caveat:  "Only follow this guide if your are confident in your abilities." )
The basic procedure is as follows:
- open the Phantom
- install a jumper across the BOTTOM pins of connectors F1 and F2
- power on the Phantom
- run the Vision Assistant to reinstall the firmware
- Power off, remove the jumpers
- Power on Phantom
- Rejoice in your ability to revive the dead!

DJI NAZA - hard reset.jpg
2015-1-9
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

from what ive seen that requires a 'factory reset'.  you can either:

1.  send it back to factory for reset
2.  send it authorized dealer in your country
3.  search youtube for how-to videos on doing a factory reset (i thought i saw this on these forums actually)

i recall reading in their manual that if you power off during firmware updates a FACTORY reset would be required.
2015-1-9
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Video of the "hard factory reset".

2015-1-9
Use props
zioper
New

Poland

My Phantom does not go into hard factory reset.

With the proper pin connected together, it just blinks and beeps once (like before) and turns off.

Any other suggestions ?
2015-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules