New Firmware
859 6 2016-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
deltaevo
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hey all
hopefully some kind person can tell me what I'm doing wrong with uploading the latest .70 firmware to my X5.
Firmware has been downloaded and on my Mac it shows as a zipped bin file. This is then dragged over to my sd card. I followed the instruction about doing the upload to the X5 to the letter, however the X5 just shows a yellow flashing light indicating that the rc controller is not connected. I've tried this umpteen times today. Any advice gratefully accepted.
Nick

2016-3-14
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I usually unzip the bin file then put the unzipped file on my sd card.
2016-3-14
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Macs are notorious for not "COMPLETLY"  wiping out the old data when Formatting.  I would format on a PC and then load the Firmware from there OR Format SD card on the Aircraft and then load the Bin File on the SD card.  Remember the aircraft is OFF ( And of course RC ) and then load the SD card and then Fire UP the aircraft.  Make sure you are getting the Firmware from the Correct page as well.  Be sure to check the  SD card afterwards and see what it says, it may glean some information for you as well

Let me know if this helps

All the best toYou and Yours- donnie
2016-3-14
Use props
deltaevo
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Donnie Posted at 2016-3-14 20:49
Macs are notorious for not "COMPLETLY"  wiping out the old data when Formatting.  I would format  ...

Thanks For the replies, Thing is when I've downloaded the zip file from the dji site my Mac auto unzips it, but that file is zipped also, is the bin file a zipped file or not?

Thanks
2016-3-14
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

deltaevo Posted at 2016-3-14 15:58
Thanks For the replies, Thing is when I've downloaded the zip file from the dji site my Mac auto u ...

The file is zipped when downloaded form the website, you need to unzip and copy ONLY the BIN file to the SD card.  Open the hidden files on the mac if you can.  You want only the BIN file

Make sure that the SD card is formatted and completely wiped, format on aircraft if you can.
If it auto un zips  only copy the Bin File and place only that file on SD card

Double click on the zip file in MAC should unzip to bin and pdf

-donnie

2016-3-14
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

deltaevo Posted at 2016-3-15 04:58
Thanks For the replies, Thing is when I've downloaded the zip file from the dji site my Mac auto u ...

The X5/Pro download is a compressed package named WM610_FC550_FW_V01.04.00.70.ZIP

Therefore, your MAC should create a folder called WM610_FC550_FW_V01.04.00.70

And inside that folder will be WM610_FC550_FW_V01.04.00.70.BIN which will be 67.2 MB in size (70,471,610 bytes).

As stated previously, ONLY the WM610_FC550_FW_V01.04.00.70.BIN file goes on the root of the SD Card (no folders, only the .BIN file)
2016-3-14
Use props
deltaevo
lvl.2

United Kingdom

deltaevo Posted at 2016-3-14 20:58

Dug out my old Windows machine did the download and extract to card, formatted in Windows. Fired up the X5 and the firmware is uploading, thanks to all.
Nick
2016-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules