When you speak to dji it becomes aperent quickly that
1004 14 2016-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dabberthehut
lvl.1

No help with repair , no update from them when I know they recived it friday afternoon. They havnt even replied to inform me that they recieved it. I was hopeful that all the costumers complaining about coustomer service did have some warent. so we will see, I had it for two weeks before I had to send it in. Maybe there is a reason they were liqidating the phantom 3, right before the four came out?!?!?!

When you speak to dji its becomes aparent quickly that they know they
have the upper hand in the converation !

2016-3-14
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

This communication style is typical for DJI repair, but not of their ability to provide service / repair. They will contact you once they have an estimate (they have to inspect it first) and then acknowledgement of payment (if one is required), and then when they ship it out. They do not send you a message simply to tell you that they received it, so you can calm down about that -- none of us get that message.
2016-3-14
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

I mean DJI has had their CS issues, but you know that some people don't work through the weekends right?    I think it's expecting a little much to think that when they receive the unit Friday afternoon that you should have an update in less than one business day. Even moreso, to suggest not being able to turn something around over a weekend is the reason for "liquidating the P3P" shows you might be a little out of touch. Who's to say the package wasn't delivered on Friday and still hasn't made it to the right dept. or been opened or inspected yet?  They receive tons of drones for testing/repair (All people who also spent lots of money and would like fast reply too, they may have even sent them in before you!)    Did you want an update that the package showed up?   That's what tracking numbers are for and I assume by your post you already got one.  

All that said,   give them a couple days.  I know for some people the world revolves around only them, but I think giving them a few business days (that would not include Saturday and Sunday)  would be reasonable before you bust out the torches and pitchforks.   So just curious you say it had to be sent in after 2 weeks, yet you never state what for?   What was the issue with the craft?
2016-3-14
Use props
dabberthehut
lvl.1

Not A Speck Of  Posted at 2016-3-15 04:05
This communication style is typical for DJI repair, but not of their ability to provide service / re ...

right on bro, I'm use to RC boats, you can get those guyz on the phone and hear the ipod blasting in background and they will get up go check on it, and let you know the skinny. I just assumed that for a G RC they would give you decent CS.
Good looking out on the 411! thanks bro
(you know what they say about assuming) lol
2016-3-14
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

dabberthehut Posted at 2016-3-14 15:12
right on bro, I'm use to RC boats, you can get those guyz on the phone and hear the ipod blasting  ...

Don't know much about RC boats but I gotta feeling whoever is making those guys, isn't moving anywhere near the rumored 30000 units a month DJI does.   Not to say it excuses poor service but it would be impossible to manage that volume as well, as a smaller more niche vendor.   
2016-3-14
Use props
dabberthehut
lvl.1

ryan209 Posted at 2016-3-15 04:11
I mean DJI has had their CS issues, but you know that some people don't work through the weekends ri ...

got it on 2/26/15 and fell out of sky 3rd or fourth time out. I'm an electrical engineer, so I defiantly made sure it was functioning correctly before I flew and read everything I could find . The flight records back up my claim.  I just assumed they would hustle in a situation like this, seeing that I have a sixty day warranty on all products purchased with an AMX card. and I had it less than two weeks . I could let them eat it and order a new one to my Girlfriends home!  Maybe know one has ever done that so they think they have the upper hand.
worried in the Rockies

Whatever happened to the customer is always right??
2016-3-14
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

dabberthehut Posted at 2016-3-14 15:18
got it on 2/26/15 and fell out of sky 3rd or fourth time out. I'm an electrical engineer, so I def ...

I would say most people don't go that route but I definitely wouldn't hesitate to keep that as a backup plan if you don't think they resolve it satisfactorily.  I will say in my own experience I feel as if DJI at least tries to do the right thing, granted the processes have been slow for some (although supposedly better in recent months)  I'd give it a couple days for them to analyze the logs/craft and then if you don't feel like its being taking care of hit up Amex.   GL.

Besides the bum drone, I envy you.  I'm still itching to get back out to the Rockies now that I've got my travel case for the P3P, and the thing in working order.   It might not be for 20-30 years but that is where I'll retire.
2016-3-14
Use props
dabberthehut
lvl.1

ryan209 Posted at 2016-3-15 04:25
I would say most people don't go that route but I definitely wouldn't hesitate to keep that as a b ...

Nice ,thanks for kind words. I just work in customer service and I've had to deal with many ,many "oversees companies" and this is honestly par for the course. I kind of expected it, but none the less its frustrating.  I had no idea this form would be so helpful. It seems like a place I will be looking for info a lot

I dont want to get a refund and start a bunch of shit with them, I just have the feeling they don't think you have any options, but we do. Im not of of those dudes that feaks out over nothing. Ive been waitng since last yoear for my tax refund to show up, and I waited until just the right time to by it when they went on sale. I wish I was one of those people on here that a grand doesnt mean much too. But , im not that guy, I didnt drive my Lamborghini to the post office to drop off my drone. I aslo didnt check the date on my Rolex. Im not a highroller and when I save and wait for something for over a year. I finnaly get the money to order and two weeks later its a $1000.00 paper weight.  That would frustrate anyone. I dont need to go into complete detail, but now you guyz kinda have an idea of why i am frustated.

2016-3-14
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

2016-3-14
Use props
dabberthehut
lvl.1

that's how it fells...lol  big guy pushing the small guy down and out of way
2016-3-14
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

dabberthehut Posted at 2016-3-14 15:30
Nice ,thanks for kind words. I just work in customer service and I've had to deal with many ,many " ...

Yea it's definitely not like dealing with say Amazon, but hopefully they continue to improve.  

This forum is a gold mine though if used correctly.  A lot of people here who not only love UAVs but love using their experiences and knowledge to help those eager to learn.  I've learned more just reading through other people experiences than any manual or video could've taught me.

There are also a handful of DJI employees here who may take a little while to chime in, but usually do a very good job monitoring the forum here.  While they are strictly dedicated to the forums,  a lot of times they are able to follow up on a repair/issue, or prod the right person to move the process along.
2016-3-14
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, I am really sorry for the lack of reply from the chat, what problem do you have? Can I help you?
2016-3-14
Use props
dabberthehut
lvl.1

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-3-15 12:22
Hi, I am really sorry for the lack of reply from the chat, what problem do you have? Can I help you? ...

I think I explained the situation quite well during this thread
I had my phantom 3 pro for a couple weeks received it from fedex on 2/26/16 and I sent it back to you on 3/7/16 and it broke on 3/5/16.
Now if you look it up in repair status it says waiting for payment ??. spent 1000 on the 15th of February2016 sent it to get repaired on 3 /7/16 and the flight records proofs it just fell out of sky with 19or 18 percent power .  Now they want more money, not sure if that's copasetic.   Thought it was supposed to return to home point at 10percent power?. If in home point it meant crash in the ground and break gimbal ,then I guess it did what it was supposed to do.
Regards
if you guess would like to call me like any other business that's have a customer Sevice problem, than I would be more than happy to talk to you.
regards
Brady
you guys didn't have any trouble calling me to confirm my $1000.00 purchase !!!!
I would love to understand what's going on
2016-3-14
Use props
dabberthehut
lvl.1

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-3-15 12:22
Hi, I am really sorry for the lack of reply from the chat, what problem do you have? Can I help you? ...

I had my phantom 3 pro for a couple weeks received it from fedex on 2/26/16 and I sent it back to you on 3/7/16 and it broke on 3/5/16.
Now if you look it up in repair status it says waiting for payment ??. spent 1000 on the 15th of February2016 sent it to get repaired on 3 /7/16 and the flight records proofs it just fell out of sky with 19or 18 percent power .  Now they want more money, not sure if that's copasetic.   Thought it was supposed to return to home point at 10percent power?. If in home point it meant crash in the ground and break gimbal ,then I guess it did what it was supposed to do
if you guess would like to call me like any other business that's have a customer Sevice problem, than I would be more than happy to talk to you.
regards
Brady
you guys didn't have any trouble calling me to confirm my $1000.00 purchase !!!!
I would love to understand what's going on
2016-3-14
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

dabberthehut Posted at 2016-3-15 14:20
I had my phantom 3 pro for a coup ...

Would you provide your ticket number? I will help you check the status. Which RO support did you contact or where region are you in? I will let the officers contact you ASAP.
2016-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules