Wives and Phantoms
1147 21 2016-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
waynepj3
lvl.3
  • >>>

My wife gave me beef about buying yet my 3rd drone. I pay all of the bills and she still complains about my hobby and the costs associated with.

Anyone else have trouble with their wife regarding the drone hobby.

Such a shame.
2016-3-14
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Let her fly once wearing fpv goggles?
2016-3-14
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Pardon me and hope this does not come across the wrong way...but maybe you should have given your wife the beef first  (like taken her out for a steak dinner...or you know!!)..this way she would have (hopefully) lost her desire for complaining about the hobby that she thinks you left her for...Just sayin...and please do not shoot the messenger...i did not start this thread...
2016-3-14
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Wayne,

Can't help you with that one. My wife bought me my first drone as a present (P2V+), told me I should get the P3Pro when it came out, was with me when I wrecked the first one and told me I should just get a new one. She was with me at Best Buy getting my Solo, actually found the gimbal that no one else could find! Let me turn our dining room into my hangar. I could go on and on. Maybe that's part of the reason why we've been married for 28 years. You might want to show your wife this post. Good luck.

(...I wonder if she's getting me a P4? Hmmm...)

Jerry
2016-3-14
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

I see what you did wrong.You pay the bills and buy your drones. Thats not how its done. I let my girlfriend pay all the bills with her money and i use my money for drones.  Everyone is happy.
Make adjustments accordingly before it too late.
2016-3-14
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-3-14 22:56
Pardon me and hope this does not come across the wrong way...but maybe you should have given your wi ...

Youre exactly right.  From the get go you cant let them have the upper hand or youre doomed. Ive seen many a good men go down.
2016-3-14
Use props
waynepj3
lvl.3
  • >>>

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2016-3-15 11:00
Wayne,

Can't help you with that one. My wife bought me my first drone as a present (P2V+), told me  ...

You have a good one my friend. Rare find. Keep her!
2016-3-14
Use props
waynepj3
lvl.3
  • >>>

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2016-3-15 11:00
Wayne,

Can't help you with that one. My wife bought me my first drone as a present (P2V+), told me  ...

You have a keeper!!!
2016-3-14
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

waynepj3@gmail. Posted at 2016-3-14 23:21
You have a good one my friend. Rare find. Keep her!

Whats rare is real men my friend.
2016-3-14
Use props
4StateFlyer
lvl.2

United States

I just hope your wife did not read what you posted " I pay all of the bills and she still complains about my hobby and the costs associated with."   If she see's that part I have a feeling your getting deeper and deeper .
2016-3-14
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

My wife was with me the last time I bought an 8lb keg of powder and she said, how much did you pay for that and my answer was, how much did you pay for your hair appointment? She politely said "Never Mind".

Oh, we've been married for 42 years!
2016-3-14
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Problem is, she does not work to have any hobbies to unwind with. Or does she???
2016-3-14
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Few years ago i had the issue like this... She was complaining that i spend too muck time building and crashing drones... however the Phantom solved the issue, now i don't build and don't crash
2016-3-15
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534970 ft
Australia

Wayne, I share your pain my friend!!!

Click on link below to see how my house and area around it has been declared a No Fly Zone.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=40587&pid=298839&fromuid=152375
JtrJr, you are indeed a lucky man.
2016-3-15
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534970 ft
Australia

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2016-3-15 12:00
I've been married 11..... Sometimes it feels longer..... Sometimes shorter.  Depends on what side  ...

Especially Drink FB.
2016-3-15
Use props
OAN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27178 ft
United States

Try letting her fly the oldest drone you have when you fly the new one.  She may use the excuse "I don't want to crash it."   Nonetheless, try to get her into the hobby so you always have an excuse to purchase the latest and greatest.   Good luck!
2016-3-15
Use props
boxerman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

I got a P4 - my third Phantom.  She got a remodeled bathroom.  She's way ahead of me.
2016-3-15
Use props
Behshad
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I got my drone, she got her beauty rest adjustable base mattress.  Happy Wife = Happy Life!
2016-3-15
Use props
Wolfiesden
lvl.3

United States

No.

She doesn't know I purchased the second one.  What she don't know won't hurt me

And she still doesn't know what I really paid for the Barrett or the Nightforce scope on it.
2016-3-15
Use props
Fermin
lvl.2

Spain

My wife don´t like see how I fly the dron, but she like the results.
2016-3-15
Use props
Gatorone30
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1145489 ft
United States

Same thing happened to me!
2016-3-15
Use props
BouldersDad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 872448 ft

Sorry, my wife is great. The P3S was actually her idea. Then, we briefly discussed my trying to sell it and upgrading to a P3A. She called a local dji dealer to see if they take trade-ins. They told her they don't and also informed her about the upcoming release of the P4. Next thing I know, the P4 is on order. I named the P3 after my dog. I think I should probably name this one after her.
2016-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules