Firmware v1.7.0060 - Changelog? Safe?
7118 23 2016-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hakon.bo
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi,

I've been struggling with vibration issues on my Phantom 3 Pro ever since I updated to 1.6. I see that there's a new firmware version out now, 1.7.0060, and I'm considering updating. However I cannot find any info/changelog. Has vibration issue been addressed?
2016-3-15
Use props
JockC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

I always look forward to new firmware  in any electronic equipment but I do expect to see a comprehensive set of release notes so that I can understand the full ramifications of any update. I'm currently on an iPad and can't unzip the download but, if there's no release notes included, I will certainly be waiting for a couple  of other users to test it and report back.
Perhaps one of the DJI folk could post a complete list of changes for us all in this forum.
2016-3-15
Use props
Elysi0n
lvl.1

Been wondering as well, I am very satisfied until now with the one before the latest FW so far, so I want to read through the changelog first before even considering an update.

Admins, any help?
2016-3-15
Use props
Nicola90s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3060869 ft
Russia

JockC Posted at 2016-3-15 18:18
I always look forward to new firmware  in any electronic equipment but I do expect to see a comprehe ...

Yes, I also would like to wait till someone report some test are it will available the changelog also because the 1.6 firmware works good.
2016-3-15
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

The questions from me to DJI employee:

1. is 1.7 firmware contain additional NFZ zones or not?
2. It have enabled Geofence or not?
2016-3-15
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1609482 ft
Greece

New firmware updates are available for the Phantom 3 series, please visit the Phantom 3 Professional and Phantom 3 Advanced product pages to download and update your firmware. For the Phantom 4, Phantom 3 4K and Phantom 3 Standard, please update via the DJI GO app.

The Phantom 4 firmware version number is updated to v1.0.0288, the Phantom 3 Professional and Phantom 3 Advanced firmware version number is updated to v1.7.0060, the Phantom 3 4K firmware version is updated to v1.3.20, and the Phantom 3 Standard firmware version is updated to v1.4.60.

Both DJI GO app iOS version and Android version are updated to v2.7.0.

For the Phantom 4:

What’s New:
1. Improved download speed for photo and video files.
2. Changed procedure for stopping motors during flight. To stop motors during flight, pull the left stick to the bottom inside corner while simultaneously pressing the Smart RTH button. This new procedure will only become available when Remote Controller firmware is updated to the latest version.
3. Optimized Low Battery descent logic.
4. Added support for HDMI expansion module on the remote controller.
5. Optimized control stick movement performance in TapFly mode.
6. Added support for recognizing non-human subjects.
7. Optimized sound effect for powering on the aircraft.
8. Added propeller guard detection. Obstacle Sensing system is automatically disabled when a propeller guard is installed.

For the Phantom 3 Professional and Phantom 3 Advanced:

What’s New:
1. Improved compass accuracy.
2. Fixed issue of image being corrupted in rare occasion.
Notes:
The firmware can be downgraded to v1.6.0040.

For the Phantom3 4k and Phantom 3 Standard:

What’s New:
1. Improved compass accuracy.
2. Fixed unprompted exits from HDR mode.

Notes:
DO NOT turn off the remote controller or exit DJI GO app during the update process.
2016-3-15
Use props
Pierrot78
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36716 ft
  • >>>
France

What is not safe
2016-3-15
Use props
Pierrot78
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36716 ft
  • >>>
France

is Dji Go 2.7 for android! Caméra view stuck in 4/3 ratio, 16/9 is only partly displayed in a central 4/3 frame.
2016-3-15
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1609482 ft
Greece

Well i stopped uprgaing after 1.5 firmware, i think i will pass for now.
My opinion is , when something works fine we dont mess around with it. I dont see any major update feature...
2016-3-15
Use props
Username Here
lvl.3
United States

Nicola90s Posted at 2016-3-15 07:37
Yes, I also would like to wait till someone report some test are it will available the changelog a ...

"Yes, I also would like to wait till someone report some test"

This is what it's going to take, some first hand reporting. History has proven that DJI isn't always honest with their firmware update reporting.
2016-3-15
Use props
Nicola90s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3060869 ft
Russia

Username Here Posted at 2016-3-15 21:49
"Yes, I also would like to wait till someone report some test"

This is what it's going to take, s ...

What do you mean with "History has proven that DJI isn't always honest with their firmware update reporting" ?
2016-3-15
Use props
Username Here
lvl.3
United States

Nicola90s Posted at 2016-3-15 10:42
What do you mean with "History has proven that DJI isn't always honest with their firmware update r ...

User's were never told about NFZ's prior to DJI sneaking them into updates. They were left to discover them on their own.
2016-3-15
Use props
Elysi0n
lvl.1

Username Here Posted at 2016-3-15 23:00
User's were never told about NFZ's prior to DJI sneaking them into updates. They were left to disc ...

Don't forget the 3rd party battery block with DJI GO 2.6.1
2016-3-15
Use props
mcphipps900
lvl.3

United States

Elysi0n Posted at 2016-3-15 11:03

That really pisses me off.
2016-3-15
Use props
Dioden
lvl.4
Sweden

I will see if I can remember to have a go at it tomorrow, and do a test this weekend.
2016-3-15
Use props
tmygun1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is no release notes with the V1.7 update.

Do the batteries also need to be updated?
2016-3-15
Use props
SHamers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001020 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

i have the feeling - not

I checked to put the extra lipo's in but they are not update
2016-3-15
Use props
davidson_g
First Officer
Flight distance : 263465 ft
United Kingdom

Is there any mention of the P3 third party app RTH bug being fixed? e.g. https://autoflightlogichelp.zend ... rsions-of-Autopilot
2016-3-15
Use props
Username Here
lvl.3
United States

Elysi0n Posted at 2016-3-15 11:03

I stopped with 2.4.3 after finding out that DJI was added things and not telling us about them.
2016-3-15
Use props
TK P3A
lvl.1

United States

Username Here Posted at 2016-3-15 23:32
I stopped with 2.4.3 after finding out that DJI was added things and not telling us about them.

Haha,.,, I stopped with Apple on the  Iphone 4 when crapple did the same thing.  
2016-3-22
Use props
gus.goncalves
New

having problems updating the RC to firmware v1.7.0060.

Upgraded the p3 correctly and went to do rc update and it ran for 45+ minutes. Gave up on the upgrade.

Now trying to figure out how to back out of the upgrade.

Thinking of downgrading the p3 to version v1.6.0040 the available here http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3-pro/info#downloads  and then doing the rc update.

Would this work?
2016-3-23
Use props
kalatos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23379 ft
Poland

Hello everyone,

the most interesting thing is why DJI don't provide release notes to each software upgrade. This is normal for all electronic devices that produces provides each time which futures or issues should be fixed in latest software.

2016-3-28
Use props
tomijlahtinen
lvl.1

Finland

Hey everyone  

Upgraded P3 Pro to 1.7 yesterday and have made a few casual flights afterwards. No issues to report.
Edit: Forgot to mention that I live only like 4 km from nearest airport and still there was nothing out of the ordinary. NFZ around the airport is visible in the app and it's correctly aligned
2016-3-28
Use props
radius
lvl.2

Indonesia

gus.goncalves Posted at 2016-3-24 09:00
having problems updating the RC to firmware v1.7.0060.

Upgraded the p3 correctly and went to do rc ...

i also had similar experience as yours. i went from 1.4 to 1.7 directly, RC was at 1.3.2.0 if i remember correctly.
the aircraft and batteries was updated fine, but the RC update was almost put my heart to stop.
the first attempt took almost 5 hours! (yes, you read it correctly..), and ended with update failure.
recharge the RC fully again, change to another android phone, use DJI bundled USB cable, and the update was successful in 2 hours.

i don't know what caused it, but i have several things in mind that might be the cause :
- not using bundled USB cable from DJI
- android phone USB connection setting in MTP, not USB storage
- bugs in the phone / DJI Go app.

Yesterday i took some test flights, including POI & return to home, all went just fine and stable, no drifts or other issues.
2016-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules