Older IPad
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
edgeofphotograp
lvl.2
United States

This is my first time writting and I'm looking for info as to wheather I can use an older Ipad not an Ipad air as I dont own a newer I phone yet either... I am looking at the Phantom 3 advance..

2016-3-15
Use props
QuadBart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256506 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check the compatibility list to see if your exact model is supported or not.  You don't state what generation Ipad.    I had an original Ipad and no it would NOT work.  The OS can't run the GO app.  So I wound up buying an Ipad Air for 300 bucks.   I hear the invidia shield K1 works for these and costs around 200 bucks...
2016-3-15
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

Air 2, I believe is the lowest priced full size ipad supported, and the ipad mini 2 is the lowest price mini supported.  To @QuadBart 's point The N-vidia Shield K1 seems to be the best larger option for the money (199$) as even the Wi-Fi only model has built in GPS.
2016-3-15
Use props
Fermin
lvl.2

Spain

I am using the Ipad 2 and work perfectly
2016-3-15
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Technically possible that the earliest iPad could work but the video relay could be real slow and processor may not be able to handle it...
The list DJI provide is a recommended list based on models they have tested that work, not to say the others will not work though try them at your own risk....as results will vary...
2016-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules