Hows the new firmware? (P3)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

Good, bad? Should i update? Yes, no, maybe so?
2016-3-15
Use props
chrismillerjunk
lvl.1

United States

I posted this in another thread but will do the same here as this seems more aligned to people having the problems.

Has anyone who was having short range loss of transmitter problems done the firmware update and noticed and improvement or fix. The notes for the update do not mention anything about this, but at the same time DJI never admitted there was a problem due to the last firmware update and they pushed this one out rather quickly. What I am hoping is they realized they created a problem, fixed it, and then pushed this one quickly and said to the development crew " tweak a few other easy things so we can put that in the notes but dont mention anything about the big problem we had"
2016-3-15
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

chrismillerjunk Posted at 2016-3-15 23:18
I posted this in another thread but will do the same here as this seems more aligned to people havin ...

Thanks

2016-3-15
Use props
Anderjon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 666893 ft
United Kingdom

chrismillerjunk Posted at 2016-3-15 15:18
I posted this in another thread but will do the same here as this seems more aligned to people havin ...

I'm very interested to hear what problems you've had with short range loss of transmission signal. Which variant of P3 do you fly? I have the P3P and its fine until it hits about 350 to 450 meters, after which I get the weak signal warning. Tried it in multiple locations, antennae in the correct orientation, facing the aircraft, no obstructions or sources of interference (electrical or geographic).

The dealer I purchased from said it might be a defective light bridge unit and has offered to swap it out. I just need to get a gap in my schedule when I can do without the P3 for a few days.

How has your experience been?
2016-3-15
Use props
timmy.dohack
New

United States

Just to let everyone know, this update "bricked" my P3S.  The update failed at around 35%.  I called Support and was informed that it was because my phone isnt one of the recommended devices.  I dont know about all that, but i have to send it in now.  Right at the beginning of spring when everything will be coming to life....
2016-3-15
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Just did my P3A and all went without a hitch the first time.  Hoping to get out and give it a spin in about 15 minutes.
2016-3-15
Use props
PeteDin206
lvl.1

United States

Bricked my P3P controller.  Whenever I connect to the app it shows me the P4.  I've tried deleting the app and I can't find a way to reupdate the controller.  
2016-3-15
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

timmy.dohack Posted at 2016-3-15 19:35
Just to let everyone know, this update "bricked" my P3S.  The update failed at around 35%.  I called ...

curious,

what phone did you use to try update with?
2016-3-15
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Just ran a full battery down for calibration.  Flies fine.  I need to do a gimbal calibrate though.  The manual correction I had previously dialed in is now wrong and I had to put in opposite correction and more of it.  I still need to do full IMU and gimbal cals, so should be fine.  We have a couple of cooler days coming, so early morning should be a good time, since it is supposed to be in the low teens.  Go for it and enjoy!
2016-3-15
Use props
Ribfeast
lvl.2
Australia

What does the firmware add/fix on the P3S?  Is the NFZ beta now released?
2016-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules