First Quadcopter flight ever.
991 11 2016-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kirtus
lvl.2

As I stated in an earlier thread I puchased my P4 this morning at the apple store and flow it for the first time just a little while ago.

Let me start with I am terible at anything that requires a joystick. Flight simulators, racing games, the old atari brick game. The fact that this has 2 joysticks terified me. And with all that said...this thing is awesome. I was able to take off, land and fly all around with out crashing and this is my first time ever doing this. I have a long way to go but with the built in safty features that this has I will be able to learn with confidence.

Well the battery has finnished charging so I am off for another 28 minutes or so of learning.

Kirtus
2016-3-15
Use props
shibumila
New

United States

That's Awesome.  Thanks for sharing.  I'm in the same boat... getting my P4 on Friday!  Glad to hear your experience.
2016-3-15
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Welcome to the club.  Looks like a challenging place to fly.  Even with obstacle avoidance,  may I suggest you find a more open area to practice until you get you skills up.  Would be a bummer to find out the limits of obstacle avoidance already.
  Have fun.

2016-3-15
Use props
dkruseski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 791184 ft
United States

Congrats man! Enjoy it!
2016-3-15
Use props
Kirtus
lvl.2

dkruseski Posted at 2016-3-16 04:28
Congrats man! Enjoy it!

Thank you.
2016-3-15
Use props
tmygun1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats......and safe flying!
2016-3-15
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Congratulations and welsome to the club.
That is very cool how the P4 features are very user friendly.
Make sure to practice, practice,practice!
2016-3-15
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

Enjoy it, they're brilliant machines when everything's working.  But please, make sure you understand how it works & what happens if you get low on battery or lose GPS.  Both scenarios can quickly bring disaster when flying around or among trees.  I wouldn't want you enjoyment to end prematurely.
2016-3-15
Use props
boxerman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft

Yes, that's true.  The trees are generally out to get your new P4 when you least expect it.  Open fields Kirtus.  Open fields.
2016-3-15
Use props
Jkeller84
Second Officer
Flight distance : 396955 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats my man. Make sure you read the manual and binge watch as many tutorials as you can! And yes, open fields!
2016-3-15
Use props
darrel822000
lvl.1

United States

Awesome flight. I'm stoked to get mine
2016-3-15
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Nice tracking! Enjoy it and keep learning!
2016-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules