New TB48 won't charge, just blinks and shuts off
9710 17 2016-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
trevorotto
New

United States

I got the new TB48 and was unable to do anything with the battery or drone for about 2 months. I checked the battery by pressing the button and it blinked just like the rest of the batteries when I recieved them, showing 1 green light blinking a few times and then went out like the others. I tried to put the new battery on the charger today and it blinks just like it normally does.... but won't charge. I left it on the charger for about 45 minutes before disconnecting it in hopes that it would charge. I plugged it back in and it blinked normally a few times.... and then shut off again and didn't charge. Everytime I plug it in, it blinks and then shuts off.
Ideas?
2016-3-16
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

If it has been allowed to sit for a period at a low level, ( Hibernation)  you probably need to push the button once, and then a second time, holding it until it turns on, just like when you fire it up to fly.  When it turns on, plug the charger in.  This forces it to charge.  Hope this helps .....

-donnie
2016-3-16
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

If Donnie's solution works, then the battery must be alright...
2016-3-17
Use props
hutsonfam
lvl.3
United States

Exactly the same same problem with a TB47 ... Only difference is that I literally just purchased and opened the box yesterday... Unfortunately Donnies solution didn't work for me... Battery still won't charge
2016-3-17
Use props
hutsonfam
lvl.3
United States

Treverotto,  I was having the same problem with a TB47... Spoke to a DJI rep yesterday and they agreed that the battery is bad.  If you purchased it through DJI you can send it back... They will evaluate it and if found to be bad will replace... Told me it would take about 6 weeks (approximately)
2016-3-18
Use props
cbdewit
lvl.1
Flight distance : 856962 ft
  • >>>
Austria

hutsonfam Posted at 2016-3-18 17:21
Treverotto,  I was having the same problem with a TB47... Spoke to a DJI rep yesterday and they agre ...

I had the same problem also with TB47. Actually 2 times out of 4 batteries. The first time the turnaround was 2 weeks, the second time I ordered via Amazon and just cancelled the order as I was afraid its a bad batch and it will happen again. Now I am waiting a bit before I order again.
2016-3-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

hutsonfam Posted at 2016-3-18 00:58
Exactly the same same problem with a TB47 ... Only difference is that I literally just purchased and ...

If all else fails call 818-235-0789 and they will take care of it for you.
Will the battery not power on?
Can you make a quick video if possible?
2016-3-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Did you get it resolved?
2016-3-18
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sometimes you have to push the button a few times, try holding down while unplugging the charger then release it then plug it back in. I had this happen last week and after 10 minutes of push buttons and unplugging I got it to take a charge.
2016-3-18
Use props
hutsonfam
lvl.3
United States

Wow......!!!  I just returned my inspire and re-ordered it... Hoping the next one will have a fully functioning battery...but after reading ALL the negative/horrible reviews on battery and firmware issues I'm wondering whether or not I should just cancel the order and look for a more reliable drone...hmmm???
2016-3-19
Use props
Jim09
lvl.3
United States

hey DJI Ken, sorry for the late response... been on vacation.  Anyway, second inspire came in and I had the exact same problem with the battery...LED 1 flashes green 5 times then shuts off...can't charge and/or power on the the drone.   Returned it yesterday and will order ONE more time.   DJI rep told me that because I purchased it through Best Buy that I would have to go through them and return the entire order because Best Buy does not/will not replace just the battery... So, I will more than likely try again next week.   Extremely frustrated at the moment...
2016-3-29
Use props
editingfx.gmail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 58537 ft
United States

Same problem here.  VERY UNHAPPY with DJI's customer support rep.  Very unprofessional and unhelpful.  Said "I work here and I've never heard of that problem."  I told him I wasn't looking forward to dropping hundreds of dollars on more batteries, with no good feeling that they won't die shortly out of warranty like these.  

I've had our Inspire since last summer, have 4 TB47 and 1 TB48.  Had a job about 60 days ago, ended up not flying, so discharged all 5 to about 40%, then stored in the case at room temp.   Went to charge last week, and 2 of the 4 TB47 wouldn't charge.  1 wouldn't light up, the other had 1 light, would do a soft reset, but would not charge either.   

I'm a video professional for 30 years.  My life revolves around rechargeable batteries and how their chemistries work.  THERE IS NO WAY these batteries should be failing like this, if not due to defective construction, chemistry, or firmware, given the limited use (in some cases above, almost no use).

DJI customer service simply said "Your batteries are out of warranty, you pay us to repair them."   Nothing else.  No thoughts as to WHY this happening.

Amazingly bad customer service.   
2016-4-6
Use props
RPM aerial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38593 ft

One of my batteries that had not been used in 5 months (being winter up here in Canada, not much flying can be done when it is this cold) did the same thing when I went to charge it last week. Seeing as how the battery is a year old, there is no warrnty on it anymore I though we shoudl see if we can fix it before disposing of it. Found an article indicating that the charge controller in the battery needs to be reset. So I popped the  white top off the battery and disconnected the contoller wiring from the battery and left it for an hour, reconnected it and put it back together. Plugged into the charger and it started to charge. Did 3 flights with 3 full charges now. Just hovering and doing circles about 2 ft off the ground (just in case battery suddnly drops). Got 20 minutes out of each charge (it was a TB47).
2016-4-6
Use props
ehyde
New
Flight distance : 416568 ft
United States

I just purchased a new Inspire 1 pro ordered and extra battery and had to send one back right out the box. The T47 did the same thing you are saying. So I have shipped back and waiting for a response.
2016-4-6
Use props
ehyde
New
Flight distance : 416568 ft

Just reading all the comments. Sounds like DJi got a bad batch of batteries from the supplier. Lol
2016-4-6
Use props
ozzelot1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 800876 ft
Austria

Or they had a big bug in their battery firmware :-/

Out of the Release Notes for Firmware 1.8.1.00 from 2016.04.07
"
Fixed the issue of batteries over-discharging when stored for extended periods of time (over 90
days).
"
2016-4-7
Use props
maloneshaun
lvl.3
Flight distance : 319262 ft
United Kingdom

I had a bricked battery hasn't been used since last year,now Dji has admitted that the firmware had bugs,will they be willing to replace these batteries?
2016-4-7
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

RPM aerial Posted at 2016-4-6 23:05
One of my batteries that had not been used in 5 months (being winter up here in Canada, not much fly ...

You got 20 minutes flight time on an Inspire out of a TB47?
Id like to see that video - must be a world record. And if that battery wasn't bad before it certainly is now
2016-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules