7810 35 2016-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zairinzainpane
New

Indonesia

Dear All,
Please Help Me...

I download the latest firmware v1.7.0.90 once finished, I copy to the memory card and insert the memory card into the camera inspire 1. after that no signs are processing firmware update. I've restarted reboot inspire1 and software Dji go repeatedly. and remains the same no response to anything.

please help guys

2016-3-17
Use props
RBirtles
lvl.2

The only thing I can think of is format your memory card in the Inspire itself, download the firmware update again and then go through the update process.

Just my 2c worth.

Cheers!
Birty
2016-3-17
Use props
zairinzainpane
New

Indonesia

I Already Do That Dude. Still Same Not Work. The Gimbal Work, camera work but suddenly became blue screen and suddenly able to work again. I change the battery and i try again still same not work. Really confused. I disconnect the camera gimbal and then I plug it back in and try the update again still can not be too. Please help me
2016-3-17
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Did you unzip the .bin file before copying to the memory card?
2016-3-17
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

Do you have ONLY the bin file on the card ?
you have to unzip the firmware on your computer, and then only copy the bin file onto a freshly formatted card and put that in the camera slot and turn it on....
2016-3-17
Use props
zairinzainpane
New

Indonesia

Yeah Harb i just did, still cant work. What should I do? it seems all the ways I've done and still no response and can not update the firmware. and the camera always sometimes work and sometimes suddenly blue screen and no longer suddenly the camera can work again. Really tired confused.
2016-3-17
Use props
RBirtles
lvl.2

From what firmware were you updating from?

Just wondering whether it is worth dropping back to a previous firmware, and then moving forward one firmware at a time.  Just depends what firmware were you on before attempting the current firmware update.  

Cheers!
2016-3-17
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13272894 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

RBirtles Posted at 2016-3-17 23:31
From what firmware were you updating from?

Just wondering whether it is worth dropping back to a pr ...

The same thing with me. I updated my Osmo (with X3 Inspire) but the Inspire not updated.

In the app it appears that the camera is with the new firmware but the Inspire continues with v.1.6.0.40 version.
2016-3-17
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

Only camera and RC is update?
2016-3-17
Use props
dr. D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8699150 ft
Netherlands

Drone Cuiabá Posted at 2016-3-18 05:28

I guess so...
After I did the update, the aircraft still has version 1.6.00.40
The Camera is now1.7.00.90
" Updated required" in the app is no longer visible.
2016-3-18
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

zairinzainpane Posted at 2016-3-17 22:27
Yeah Harb i just did, still cant work. What should I do? it seems all the ways I've done and still n ...

<Make sure the aircraft is OFF when you load the SD card to the Aircraft.  Then turn on the aircraft and the Firmware should begin to upload.

Are you using a Mac or PC for the firmware?  If using a Mac the firmware should automatically unzip and the only file you want to use is the BIN file.   Also Mac's sometimes do not Format the SD card completely, ( Not always ) leaving some data on it.  Format the SD card on the Aircraft then.  Or  just use a PC for the Download.

Let us know if this helps- donnie
2016-3-18
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

dr. D Posted at 2016-3-18 05:34
I guess so...
After I did the update, the aircraft still has version 1.6.00.40
The Camera is now1. ...

Make sure you do a reboot of everything.  Also  making sure the GO_APP has access to the Internet ( WI_FI) after you do the updates.  

Sometimes you will see a + sign after the firmware indicating GO APP needs to confirm the update with DJI servers.

Hope this Helps - donnie
2016-3-18
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Drone Cuiabá Posted at 2016-3-17 23:28

No it is (*** Aircraft  ), RC, and Go App as well. *** The update for the  Aircraft seems to focus on the Camera and the Gimbal, but I am sure there are some tweeks to the "Flying Characteristics" as well,  I think they only list the ones for the camera and there  is no change to the aircraft Firmware" Version "
The Firmware Will look llike this after Update:

App   2.71
Aircraft    1.6.00.40
RC      1.5.80
Camera 1.6.00.40+  or once confirmed with DJI servers 1.7.00.90  ( dont worry about the + sign. )

-donnie

2016-3-18
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

Thanks guys!
2016-3-18
Use props
I1ADDICT
lvl.2

United States

Try this then.  Re-downloaad the firmware.  Format the SD card in Windows with Fat32 or in the Mac.  Move just the .bin to the SD card.  Put in a fully charged battery.  Put the SD card in the camera and power just the craft on, not the RC.  It should start it's "D-D-D-D" process.  
I am sure you've seen it but I always reference this video for the tones.
2016-3-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

zairinzainpane Posted at 2016-3-18 11:27
Yeah Harb i just did, still cant work. What should I do? it seems all the ways I've done and still n ...

Did you get it resolved. It sounds like you put the ZIP file on the SD card and didn't oped the ZIP file and put only the BIN file on the SD card.
2016-3-18
Use props
gary
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29606 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-18 11:52
Did you get it resolved. It sounds like you put the ZIP file on the SD card and didn't oped the ZI ...

When you format your card in the camera it creates a DCIM Folder. Delete this folder first. If the upgrade file is in that folder it wont work
2016-3-18
Use props
Movin on
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173455 ft

United States

Interesting experience and comments on this post.  You are not alone!
I attempted tis upgrade 4 times before it worked.  The camera upgrade is the most troublesome.
Try this, if you haven't worked it out yet:
1.  start the RC, AC then DJI GO APP with a blank fat32 or exfat SD card.  You should then be prompted to upgrade on the DJI GO APP.
2.After upgrade on the APP, shut down and restart the RC, AC & GO APP.  If OK you will have APP v.2.7.1, AC v1.6.00.40, RC v1.5.80 and Camera v1.7.00.90
3.  If all didn't work, download Inspire 1 Firmware v1.7.0.90
2016-03-17
and unzip to the SD card and leave only the .bin file on the card, then insert the card into your Inspire camera and restart the RC, AC and DJIGO APP and wait for the upgrade to finish...it may take a long time before you hear the da dit dit signal from the AC camera.
Good Luck!
2016-3-18
Use props
Movin on
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173455 ft

United States

Inspire 1 Firmware v1.7.0.90

2016-03-17
2016-3-18
Use props
spartanrecon1
New
United States

Same issue here.  All the basic rules were followed.  The bird updated fine, the RC has not.   DJI literature stated RC greater that 1.4 something firmware needs to be updated by the connected device (phone or tablet).

1.I used my phone to download firmware (had great wireless connection)
2. Once the file was downloaded the DJIGo app prompted to "Start to Upgrade"
3. Upgrade started and partial way through the "Upgrade Failed" and said "Retry"
4. Went to retry and got a disconnected error.

I verified the bin file was download to my phone in the device storage - DJI / dji.pilot / package directory - FIle RC_FW_V1.5.80.bin
The text file was captured in the phone - result.txt.  Upgrade failed device[OSD]err[NOCONNECT]reason[Enter Loader Mode failed]

It was my understanding that this firmware was for the phantom 3.  

Johnny
2016-3-18
Use props
igor.bujanovic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17333 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Drone Cuiabá Posted at 2016-3-18 04:55
The same thing with me. I updated my Osmo (with X3 Inspire) but the Inspire not updated.

In the a ...

Everything is OK!

This update is for the CAMERA & GIMBAL ONLY!

If you've updated your OSMO (like I did), update will do nothing on Inspire 1 (yes, I'm using the same X3 on both Inspire & OSMO). That means, the X3 (camera & gimbal) is already updated with the latest firmware.

The output on Inspire 1 says it all:

========== 2016.03.19 10:40:41 =====================
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.07.00.90.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the device.
==========

And the screenshot gives you the version of the camera, aircraft and the RC:

https://goo.gl/photos/mYAsXdxvwS3viunbA

2016-3-19
Use props
seacap
New
U.S. Virgin Islands

I just had the same problem. Make sure you are on the correct firmware download page. There are separate downloads for the Inspire 1 and the Inspire 1 Pro. This solved my problem, which sounded just like yours.
2016-3-21
Use props
atgoins3
lvl.1

United States

This is known issue and theres no ETA on the fix... DJI Support are just hearing about the issue today, smh....
2016-3-21
Use props
straightline8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4735814 ft
  • >>>

Movin on Posted at 2016-3-19 06:18
Inspire 1 Firmware v1.7.0.90

2016-03-17

I did the upgrade and thought it was a success with the beeping, but notice on the app it says Aircraft needs upgrade. The app seems fine and I even have the new camera zoom function.... please help
2016-3-21
Use props
straightline8
lvl.1
  • >>>

Before it said the camera needs an upgrade, now it say the aircraft needs an upgrade?
2016-3-21
Use props
straightline8
lvl.1
  • >>>

Movin on Posted at 2016-3-19 06:12
Interesting experience and comments on this post.  You are not alone!
I attempted tis upgrade 4 time ...

HOw can I tell on the app what FW verision I have
2016-3-21
Use props
vantex502
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33688 ft
United States

straightline8@g Posted at 2016-3-21 20:09
HOw can I tell on the app what FW verision I have

On the iPhone, possibly the ipad ect.. but in the top right corner of your dji app screen theirs 3dotts and 3 lines. click this button.  Go to the bottom of the page (general settings) Scroll to the bottom.. click about.
Here it should list what versions you have..

Mine says
App version 2.7.1
Aircraft version 1.6.00.40
RC version 1.5.80
Camera version 1.7.00.90

Problem is my dji app still says firmware requires upgrade.

I don't know how to fix it either..
2016-3-21
Use props
vantex502
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33688 ft
United States

vantex502@yahoo Posted at 2016-3-21 21:28
On the iPhone, possibly the ipad ect.. but in the top right corner of your dji app screen theirs 3 ...

Truthfully I'm afraid to fly it saying firmware needs upgrading. I really don't want some problem to arise when I'm 200ft in the air because DJI cant fix the firmware issues.
2016-3-21
Use props
elardo

United States

vantex502@yahoo Posted at 2016-3-21 20:35
Truthfully I'm afraid to fly it saying firmware needs upgrading. I really don't want some problem  ...

i just upgraded mine and have the same issue you do.everything is showing correct, but it still says it needs an update on the aircraft
2016-3-21
Use props
MadHatCreative
lvl.1
Flight distance : 81677 ft
United States

Same issue here as above. Did all the steps to no avail.
2016-3-22
Use props
wobblybadger
New

United States

I had the same problem.  Had to  clean everything out of the  memory card, re-download the Bin file three times and then, eventually it  started updating.
2016-3-25
Use props
rolmerida
New

United States

i try everything and i had the same problem, my AC make beep beep and stop... i been trying several times formating my sd, clean, putting de unzip file, and nothing works...
2016-3-28
Use props
rolmerida
New

United States

i had APP version 2.7.1
AIRCRAFT V 1.6.00.40
RC V 1.5.80
CAMERA 1.4.0.70
2016-3-28
Use props
daramccoy
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have the same problem with my inspire 1, app says firmware needs updated but when I download the latest version from dji website the aircraft starts the update the results from the sd card says Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the device. But app still says upgrade required.   Any from DJI give us some info on this?
2016-4-6
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

daramccoy@mac.c Posted at 2016-4-6 11:56
I have the same problem with my inspire 1, app says firmware needs updated but when I download the l ...

I would simply re- load the Go app.  Sometimes there are glitches in the system.  This is the most benign thing to do and from my experience should eliminate your problem. Also be sure to fire up in this sequence. ALWAYS
1 Transmitter
2 Aircraft
3 Go App  ( the Ipad or other device can be on but do not open go app till last.)

Turn off.
1 Aircraft
2 Transmitter
3 Go App

Give this a go and keep me posted- Donnie   Also please post a screen shot of your "about" page. I listed mine as an example.  Mine is an example of the Inspire when I loaded 1.7 and the camera only said 1.6 +  this updated the next day to 1.7.  I would like to see your About page please to make sure you are indeed up to date.

***Also be sure to Reply to MY POST or I wont know if you need my help.  

2016-4-6
Use props
waxahachie tim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47169 ft
United States

My aircraft was ignoring the update also. After trying everything else, I redownloaded the file from dji. That did the trick.
2016-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules