P4 Firmware Problems - Safe to Fly ??
654 0 2016-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cctigerfan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12457 ft
United States

New out of the box, updated the RC, no problem.  Proceeded to update the P4 from the RC, followed the prompts, connected the P4 to the RC, seemed to be progressing fine, but near the end, a firmware update failed message appeared.  Message said to power cycle and try again, which I did, but same error.  Power cycled again, but this time the RC didn't prompt to update, but rather, stated there was a firmware mismatch and to download the P4 firmware from dji.com.  Well, there isn't a firmware .bin available, but I did download and try the DJI Assistant, which progressed until 94% and then hung.  After waiting 20 minutes at 94%, I power cycled.  After a couple more attempts with the DJI Assistant2 app, the process finally completed (tried 2 different PCs throught this mess), and after a power cycle, the DJI-Assist app claims the FW is at v1.0.0288, but here are my questions:

After powering up the RC and connecting the P4, the status shows "Firmware Version is the latest", but when I open the "about" info screen, the only things listed are 2 lines:
      1. Version 01.00.0288, and
      2. Remote Controller 1.5.80.  
Shouldn't there be other device versions listed, such as the App, Aircraft, and Flight Controller s/n?

I'm very skeptical to attempt flying !!  Is it safe to attempt??
2016-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules