Slave Controller Video Problems
1198 6 2016-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
xerxxerx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 268051 ft

I've been having a problem with the slave controller's video (hdmi and/or mobile device) cutting out at only 250 feet or less from the Inspire.  The master signal is rock solid.  Recently the problem seems to be getting worse, making the slave controller nearly useless in many video or still shoots.   FW and app is up date as of today.  What began a year ago as a minor annoyance is now a horrible problem.
I've found many postings regarding this problem, but so far I have been unable to find a solution or even anything official admitting to the existence of the problem.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks

2016-3-19
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

Have you done the 32 Channel Hack ?
The inspire like all of these things that operate on the IT bands suffer terribly from interference , and the stock 8 channels is just not enough to find a clear frequency to operate on.....the 32 channel hack will give it a better chance of getting a quiet channel which will extend your range somewhat.
2016-3-19
Use props
xerxxerx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 268051 ft

Harb Posted at 2016-3-20 07:38
Have you done the 32 Channel Hack ?
The inspire like all of these things that operate on the IT band ...

If it was a simple interference problem one would think the master video would be affected too.

I assume the channel hack still works with the latest FW version just released.

Also only the master should need the hack to allow for custom selection of one of the 32 channels, the slave should not need it.  Is this correct?
2016-3-19
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

You will have to make sure both controllers have the 32 channel Hack......
Video comes from the Aircraft on 2.4 Ghz......Inspire to RC directly on both radio's seperately............... the 5.8 Ghz link between radio's is just for the Gimbal control .  i.e. the gImbal Controller talks to the Flight Controller and it(the flight controller) issues commands to the Gimbal, if you get what I mean.
If the Gimbal RC doesn't have the Hack it may not achieve a solid connection from the 2.4Ghz downlink on the exact Freq due to the exact Freq's not being there, and may be just be working on spurious reception......very sketchy if at all.
2016-3-20
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Agreed - the hack is the only way to get that function working again.
Doesn't hurt to give it a go anyway.

2016-3-20
Use props
fridge
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1378 ft
New Zealand

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-3-20 23:04
Agreed - the hack is the only way to get that function working again.
Doesn't hurt to give it a go a ...

How do tou do the Hack
2016-4-13
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

http://forum.dji.com/thread-27147-1-1.html
2016-4-14
Use props
Advanced