P3 Advanced controller not taking firmware update?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dustinjohn2
lvl.2

So, my p3 is new.  The aircraft took the updates fine, but the controller would not take one.  I tried a micro sd reader, a thumb drive, and connecting the controller directly to the aircraft;  the light never turned blue.  Yes, I had the sd card in the gimbal each time, tried each update, tried them in order, and nothing.  Looking on my GO App, it reads that the aircraft is 1.7 version, but the controller is 1.5 ...  anybody else experience this?  Any ideas?  I just flew it for the first time and it flew great.  No warning signs on the App.  
2016-3-19
Use props
QuadBart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256506 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had the same problem.  Nothing I tired would update the remote.  Cable from the P3A,  SD card, Thumb-drive.  Nothing.  

What did work was to update from my iPhone.  Look at the GO app, mine had something about updating the remote.  I was able to do it directly from my iPhone....
2016-3-19
Use props
cmartine1
New

Venezuela

QuadBart Posted at 2016-3-19 21:36
I had the same problem.  Nothing I tired would update the remote.  Cable from the P3A,  SD card, Thu ...

good night have a problem with my phantom 3 if you can help me. during the upgrade fireware the team began to make some intermittent sounds and does not go away, and restart probe is made intermittent beeps and LED lights do not light. you will have an idea of what happens
2016-3-19
Use props
cmartine1
New

Venezuela

but the problem has not phantom remote control
2016-3-19
Use props
dustinjohn2
lvl.2

QuadBart Posted at 2016-3-20 10:06
I had the same problem.  Nothing I tired would update the remote.  Cable from the P3A,  SD card, Thu ...

good stuff, man..  I'll look around for that.  I was wondering if it would fly ok.. and it flew pretty great...  took it up pretty high, but I was in my suburb neighborhood... pretty much wall to wall electrical wires, trees, and houses.  Not a single warning sign came up on the App.  I thought that a warning would sure come up since the aircraft fw version was not the same as the RC...  interesting.  I'll just get on dji chat when they open and ask.  Oh, and I just registered mine with the FAA---$5!!!  haha...  not bad for peace of mind.
2016-3-19
Use props
Phantom Wally
lvl.1

Australia

U can update your RC directly without using SD card! It will prompt you as you TURN ON the RC
2016-3-24
Use props
Murilo Carmello
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1562549 ft
Israel

I have a P3P, but the same thing here, aircraft is 1.7 version, but the controller is 1.5 ..., I have alread updated the RC by the WIFI, but now  shows version 1.5.8. and says that it does not need more of Up-date
2016-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules