P3A fpv range vs standard
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Orange5ive
lvl.2
Flight distance : 112477 ft
United Kingdom

my friend has a P3 standard and rarely flys it over 200m away, never has any issue with picture streamed to his phone. I brought the P3 Advanced last week (upgraded an fc40) and am finding although image quality is better than mates standard it gets very jumpy at around 150 metres, it freezes for about a second then jumps and catches up. The little map in bottom left seems fine, doesn't look like its sticking.

Is there a way to lower resolution of image but get smoother feed? I only want if for seeing where I'm flying and lining up shots. Seems a bit disappointing that the standard is smoother albeit lower res.
2016-3-20
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Standard and Advanced are both 2.7k resolution.
Advanced uses Lightbridge vs standard uses wifi.
I have flown my advanced to 13,000 feet.
Antenna position is critical. Antenna should be parallel to each other and 90 degrees to the ground.
You can select different channels with the Advanced.
You can lower bitrate with the Advanced.
Those things are done through the Dji-Go app.
2016-3-20
Use props
Orange5ive
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-3-21 01:01
Standard and Advanced are both 2.7k resolution.
Advanced uses Lightbridge vs standard uses wifi.
I  ...

Cheers, will give that  a try, my picture looked a lot better than my mates (i guess this could be due to different phones)

Can't say i took a lot of notice of antenna, they were parallel but maybe not 90 degrees to ground.

Is it worth putting phone into flight mode? - will this turn of gps? - do i need gps on phone active?
2016-3-21
Use props
aaron.ferguson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1641752 ft
United Kingdom

I regularly get 3km+ with my P3A flying over water. Perhaps your tablet is struggling - have you got Hardware Decode on?
2016-3-21
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
United States

Just as a note,  you can fly the P3 just fine with no device at all.  That said,  your best performance will be with airplane mode on.  You don't need the gps to be on,  the P3 has its own.  And the pics you are looking at,  you do know that the hi res images are stored on the SD card in the camera?   You would only need the gps in the phone on for follow me mode.
2016-3-21
Use props
Orange5ive
lvl.2
United Kingdom

aaron.ferguson@ Posted at 2016-3-21 09:09
I regularly get 3km+ with my P3A flying over water. Perhaps your tablet is struggling - have you got ...

It's an iPhone 6s, not sure what HW decode is.
2016-3-21
Use props
Orange5ive
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-3-21 17:07
Just as a note,  you can fly the P3 just fine with no device at all.  That said,  your best performa ...

Yeah, videos off sd card are fine, going to try phone in airplane mode and antennas 90 degrees in the morning.

Thanks for your help.
2016-3-21
Use props
aaron.ferguson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1641752 ft
United Kingdom

Orange5ive Posted at 2016-3-21 19:49
It's an iPhone 6s, not sure what HW decode is.

2016-3-22
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

And what does 'Hardware Decoding' actually do?
2016-3-22
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
United States

It speeds up the video decoding a lot.  Uses hardware rather than software.  Decodes with the gpu instead of cpu.  Takes a lot of the load off the device.  Between that,  lowering the bitrate of the stream and positioning the antenna correctly,  you should realize a lot more usable distance on your fpv.
2016-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules