2433 14 2016-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phan-TOM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61184 ft
  • >>>
United States

This may be a stupid question, but, If I power up the drone (say for a firmware update or something like that) can I leave the gimbal lock on or do I have to remove it every time? When you power on the Phantom it calibrates the gimbal, so I would not want it to be damaged if it was locked in position during the calibration attempt.

Also heres another question on the gimbal,  I have set my C2 button to "gimbal follow/FPV Mode"  Is that supposed to freeze the gimbal in a locked position? If so that is not working on mine.

2016-3-21
Use props
CodyHumphrey92
lvl.1

United States

I accidentally left the gimbal lock on one time when doing a firmware update, didn't do any damage but I definitely wouldn't do it on purpose.
2016-3-21
Use props
Rob_stal
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1243038 ft
Australia

Take it off, the gimbal will try to calibrate every time you turn the bird on and if the motors are restricted it can cause them to become hot , doing this regularly will damage them.
2016-3-21
Use props
pgrover516
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-21
Use props
Phan-TOM
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

pgrover516 Posted at 2016-3-21 10:06
on point one I agree with prev 2 posters, on point 2 it simply switches between those two modes and  ...

Thats what I thought, but my gimbal stabilizes camera roll even after turning it on. I was trying to get it so I could see the bank and roll like a FPV Quad without the gimbal. but it doesn't even lock the roll. After hitting the button I literally get the exact same effect from the gimbal as if I didn't hit the button at all.
2016-3-21
Use props
Phan-TOM
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

CodyHumphrey92 Posted at 2016-3-21 09:11
I accidentally left the gimbal lock on one time when doing a firmware update, didn't do any damage b ...

Me too. Same thing. That's why I was worried. don't know how easily you could burn out the motors.
2016-3-21
Use props
pgrover516
Banned

United States

2016-3-21
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

On my advanced,  when using the Litchi app,  I have c1 programmed for follow/fpv.  And what it does is switch between normal fpv mode and the goggle split screen mode.  I have not tried it on the Dji-Go app,  but I have used the follow/fpv setting and it worked as expected when used via the app.  Not tried with the programmable buttons.
2016-3-21
Use props
Phan-TOM
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

pgrover516 Posted at 2016-3-21 12:53
hummmm maybe it's not switching, what happens if you switch to FPV mode with the menu instead, you ...

Thanks for the input! I will try switching to FPV using the OSD next time I take it out of the box. Mt other button works fine, I use it for gimbal snap-to vertical. Very Handy viewing angle for some things.
2016-3-21
Use props
Phan-TOM
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-3-21 12:54
On my advanced,  when using the Litchi app,  I have c1 programmed for follow/fpv.  And what it does  ...

I have a set of Fatshark Dominator V3 I wanted to try with the phantom, but I'm not sure how to do it. Time to RTFM I think...
2016-3-21
Use props
Phan-TOM
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

pgrover516 Posted at 2016-3-21 12:53
hummmm maybe it's not switching, what happens if you switch to FPV mode with the menu instead, you ...

So I tried what you suggested. No joy. Still the gimbal stays level even when banking the quad. I can also see the switch (button) is working, because if I puch it the mode changes on the OSD. There is just no effect on the gimbal behavior. Weird. Anyone else getting this behavior?
2016-3-21
Use props
pgrover516
Banned

United States

2016-3-21
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Phan-TOM Posted at 2016-3-21 10:37
I have a set of Fatshark Dominator V3 I wanted to try with the phantom, but I'm not sure how to do ...

There are a couple of ways.  If you have the Hdmi module is one,  or if your device has Hdmi output is the other.
2016-3-21
Use props
Phan-TOM
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-3-21 17:35
There are a couple of ways.  If you have the Hdmi module is one,  or if your device has Hdmi outpu ...

Yeah, I have neither... Thanks for the info! Way back when I had an iPad 2 it had an HDMI adapter so you could view the device on another screen, and this would work, but even if I string the adapters together I doubt it would work. I've picked up a Immersion Vortex 250 anyway.. I'll get my FPV kicks that way lol!
2016-3-23
Use props
Phan-TOM
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

pgrover516 Posted at 2016-3-21 16:37
try this, get in an open area and fly sideways at speed back and forth  do not decelerate slowly b ...

I'll give it a try. Is there something in the software then, because when I tilt the quad in either mode, I can see the gimbal remains level. But I will try it while flying, and see if there is a difference... Thanks for the input!
2016-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules