Lands at 30% battery power
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fisk33
lvl.2

United States

I have my battery warning set to 30%.  Honestly don't remember if this is the default, or I changed it.  When I bought it last June, I know that if went past 30%, it would make an audible warning and a something would flash on the screen, but I could still fly it.  I would do this to run the battery down a little more before I charged it.   Last week, I hit the 30% mark and it said something about critical low voltage and it landed right where it was.  Fortunately, it was in my back yard at the time and just landed near me.   Both batteries did this at the same point.  

Did something change in the way the aircraft handles the battery warning mark, or is there a problem with my batteries?  Or am I doing something wrong?

thanks,

fisk
2016-3-21
Use props
garretn
lvl.2

United States

You can adjust those settings in DJI go app..
Tap top right corner of app =
Tap on fourth icon down on the list at the left side of the screen. Looks like Battery with arrow pointing up
Adjust Critical Battery Warning
Adjust Low Battery Warning

I might be wrong but I think the Critical warning level determines when it lands
2016-3-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

When it gives you the first  low battery warning, you can cancel and ignore it and it will NOT attempt to land. BUT you better start heading home because when you get to the critical low battery it will want to land.
2016-3-21
Use props
fisk33
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-21 17:03
When it gives you the first  low battery warning, you can cancel and ignore it and it will NOT attem ...

Thanks.  That makes sense.  I'll adjust it.
2016-3-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

fisk33 Posted at 2016-3-22 20:58
Thanks.  That makes sense.  I'll adjust it.

If you fly far away, it's better to keep the low battery warning at 30% or more. That way if you forget to monitor the battery you'll still have enough to get home.
2016-3-22
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Adding to what Ken says, you should probably set the CRITICAL point at a fairly low setting.  I like 40% for the warning and 10% as the critical point.  That way, it tells me when it gets to 40% and I can start for home.  I will have until I get to 10% to make it back.  I sure wouldn't want it to land earlier than it has to if I'm en-route and haven't made it home yet.  Raise those numbers if you're doing winter flying though (low temps).
2016-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules