And the winner is....
712 7 2016-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dougy
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Well I've taken the plunge, just hope my new P4 doesn't!

See my journey to this point here...

Well I went to my local Apple store, and they had Phantoms in stock. So about an hour later I came out with a P4 under my arm.

Yes it did take about an hour, I was still unsure which way to go, P3P, P4 or not even enter the hobby, I still took some convincing myself, but I'm here!

Must admit I still haven't opened the box, that's a job for tomorrow, plus I'm still a bit scared!

Why scared, will it update, will it fly and will it produce good footage, fingers crossed I haven't got a dud!

So tomorrow I will study the instructions, do what it says step by step and hopefully everything will just do what it is meant to do and I will be able to get my first bit of aerial footage.

Now a question about DJI Care, I'm sure I have read that I can take it out as long as a craft isn't above a certain amount of flight hours. I was planning on taking it out when I bought mine, but Apple don't supply it.

One thing on the down side was that I couldn't get an extra flight battery, as they didn't have stock.

Please wish me luck!

Regards

Dougy

2016-3-22
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good luck and good flying!!!!!
2016-3-22
Use props
mark.mwilliams7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1235738 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

Good choice you will love it, it's a great aircraft lovely to fly :-)
2016-3-22
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

congrats!
2016-3-22
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Welcome to our mad little world
2016-3-22
Use props
Naza-PA
lvl.2

United States

It looks like P4 is pretty big step forward and flight safety. I would not pay for it the asking price, but may get one when they come up with p5 for half price as discontinued and believe me - it will be discontinued soon and next generation would be even better. You would think that everything started with P4, and it is normal, but previous generations drones are kind of dumb. Ha-Ha. Enjoy!
2016-3-22
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

It will be a hell of a lot easier to fly (and loose) than your Avatar...Happy flying...
2016-3-22
Use props
dougy
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks for your replies.

Must admit I haven't got far, the box is open and have had a scan of the paperwork.

I have met Ty in the instructional videos on youtube, which I think is a good way to explain something as "complicated" as this, but I have already run into a problem DJI!

I have watched all the un boxing videos, watched the pre-flight checklist ones, but the How to Fly ones which consist of 6 videos, number 3 is still classed as a private video and can't be watched. I would say that it includes the information about doing the Compass dance as I haven't seen any reference to it yet, so it must be one of the more important videos to watch, plus I guess it must mention something about firmware, as there hasn't really been any mention of that yet!

You can't even watch it through the DJI website as a stand alone video even though I'm signed in?

Dougy
2016-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules