Crashed P3S, need replacement top for gimbal
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gfamceo
New
Flight distance : 56352 ft
United States

[size=14.6667px]Hello everybody, I'm new to the board and new to flying in general. I'm looking for some input if anyone can help. After taking my P3S for a quick flight this morning to record the sunrise, I noticed a nice size hawk hovering above [size=14.6667px]my drone and continuously circling it. Naturally I get a little nervous and decide to bring it down from it's 45m height. As I begin to descend, the hawk begins circling lower and lower as well. Getting more nervous I try to bring it down and closer to me (It's about 50 feet away) more quickly but it snags the bottom branch of a near by tree and takes a 10-15 ft crash. The pictures below are the results. My question is though, is there anyway I can get a replacement part to the top of the gimbal that's broken? Or is replacing the entire camera/gimbal my only option? Additionally would anyone risk bonding the broken pieces back together?

2016-3-23
Use props
teamhypoxia
lvl.1

United States

I've seen that replacement part for sale on Amazon.

I haven't been here long enough to know if it's kosher to post a link or not..
2016-3-23
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

You have 2 choices.

1st, buy the replacement on ebay or straight from DJI for $9 and disassemble and reassemble

or

2nd, get some Loctite Plastic Epoxy and repair the ear (if you have it).

I chose the latter when I broke my gimbal ear off.
Repaired using Loctite:
DSCN5946.JPG
2016-3-23
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

Broken...
DSCN5852.JPG
2016-3-23
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

$9 (US) -> Phantom 3 Std - Camera Vibration Absorbing Board (Sta) available via the DJI Store!
2016-3-23
Use props
gfamceo
New
Flight distance : 56352 ft
United States

Thanks guys! Since it's the top piece I'll just go ahead and purchase that and replace it myself. After reconnecting the camera wire the camera seems to be functional and moving up/down left/right correctly. So we should be good! Thanks again for all the help guys.
2016-3-23
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

You lucked out.  The wires all pulled out of both connectors when mine did it.  Yep, 9 bucks for the plate.  I wouldn't chance gluing anything, especially for that price.  It's a piece of plastic.  I wonder why they don't put a nice aluminum piece there instead.  Most people are breaking that part when they hit the ground.  Mine was a little over a 2 foot fall.
2016-3-23
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

gfamceo Posted at 2016-3-23 22:27
Thanks guys! Since it's the top piece I'll just go ahead and purchase that and replace it myself. Af ...

You've probably already found this video, but if not, it might help with the repair:
video thanks to guardmy6:

2016-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules