Ipad Mini 2 to Ipad Mini 4 connectivity
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
steve.salter
New

United Kingdom

Hi all,

This is my first time posting here so hello

I have had many enjoyable flights with my trusty P3A and love it.. Ive been using an Ipad Mini 2 and have today decided to upgrade to a Mini 4. When i connect the ipad and power up, I get no connectivity to the ipad. the controller and P3 connect to each other and I have gimbal control and can fire up the motors fine (indoors with no props) but nothing on the screen. All i get is instructions on how to connect and power up on the screen. Ive tried numerous lightning cables and all firmware is up to date as is the ipad with teh latest IOS.
Im sure its fixable, well I hope it is or im stuck wiith a £400 ipad which Im sure my Mrs will use if I dont get it working..

Any advice would be greatly apreciated.

Cheers.

Steve

2016-3-23
Use props
steve.salter
New

United Kingdom

Update:- Just tried with my Iphone 6s and it works fine..

And chance of any advice from DJI please?
2016-3-23
Use props
Door Medic
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I can't help you, but I bought the Mini ipad4 wifi couple of weeks ago, used it 3-4 times. The only issue I have, is a red ring comes up and says "calibrate screen" don't know what this does, I just cancel it and carry on flying
2016-3-23
Use props
steve.salter
New

United Kingdom

Door Medic Posted at 2016-3-23 22:55
I can't help you, but I bought the Mini ipad4 wifi couple of weeks ago, used it 3-4 times. The only  ...

Thats your ipad compass calibration.just spin teh ipad around 360 degrees and thats it done.
2016-3-23
Use props
Cale262
lvl.3

United States

Or... Just do a hard reboot on the iPad.

Press and hold the Home and Power Button until your iPhone / iPad reboot (ignore the "Slide to turn off"), you can release both buttons when you see Apple logo.
2016-3-23
Use props
steve.salter
New

United Kingdom

Cale262 Posted at 2016-3-23 23:42
Or... Just do a hard reboot on the iPad.

Tried that.. Even restored the ipad to factory setting.. re installed the dji go app. same thing. Its strange how it still works with my old ipad 2 and iphone 6s.. DJI seem to be as hepfull as a chocolate teapot..
2016-3-25
Use props
steve.salter
New

United Kingdom

Problem solved. Restored the IOS via itunes and a PC this time. It worked this time.. So all good now.
2016-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules