Phantom 4 MC data error
3293 11 2016-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
frank
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36683 ft
Norway

I just got my phantom 4 today and after doing the firmware update before my first flight I get MC data error and in the menu it says data recorders error and data logger error. It says to reboot and I've done that without any help. I think it worked once out of many tries but now I've done 10reboots in a row without any luck. Any suggestions to what this could be about? Could it be related to my firmware update? Was looking forward to flying with it all Easter when I got time off but it looks kinda bad right now

2016-3-23
Use props
biuro
lvl.2
Poland

Hi, it seems that microSD card (black box)  inside the PH4 is dead .
2016-3-23
Use props
frank
lvl.2
Norway

Great.. I suppose I can't open and fix this myself? Strange that I can readout firmware version and upgrade/downgrade if it's a bricked SD card?
2016-3-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm sorry you are having an issue, can you please try to preform a IMU calibration see if that helps.
If not along with rebooting doesn't fix the MC Data error, then the P4 will have to be sent in for repair.
2016-3-23
Use props
frank
lvl.2
Norway

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-23 19:47
I'm sorry you are having an issue, can you please try to preform a IMU calibration see if that helps ...

If I'm willing to risk the warranty.... Is this most likely due to a loose internal SD card? I'm really not interested waiting 3months while it's in for repairs and then Phantom 4 Pro or Phantom 5 is released just as I get mine back ^^
2016-3-23
Use props
frank
lvl.2
Norway

yes I have formated the card and tried a new 64gb card that was freshly formated on a computer. Also tried the internal format on dji go app.

Now I downgraded to .0170 again with the computer and it seems to work fine again. Will try to upgrade to .0288 with computer and see if I get the same error again. (first time I updated was with the dji go app on a iphone 6s plus)
2016-3-23
Use props
frank
lvl.2
Norway

I now upgraded back to .0288 and everything works fine. Seems like it was some sort of corrupted data on the first firmware update I did from the iPhone. I'm glad I didn't listen to the live-chat DJi guy that said it was no point to downgrade firmware and test that It's dark outside so I didn't get to test it properly but I did so 5minutes of flying and it seems to work properly.
2016-3-23
Use props
voonkyap
lvl.2

Singapore

I had the same issue and a DJI lady told me to do an upgrade again via PC which apparently fixed it.
2016-3-23
Use props
frank
lvl.2
Norway

Nice Glad to see that the support caught up with this. The DJI support chat guy told me that an downgrade/upgrade again would not help me since I had to send it in for repairs. Glad I tried it anyways so I have it with me all easter.
2016-3-24
Use props
geierdmtr
New

French Polynesia

i have the same exact error, and wasnt able to fix it.. i downgraded and upgraded again with the assistant on the mac.. but its still the same.. I get MC data error and in the menu it says data recorders error and data logger error.. how do i get to the internal sd card?
2016-4-2
Use props
abdulrahim_2602
New

Tanzania

I have the same issue in my p4 .data recorder error and SD error .how can I solve this ptoblem
2016-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules