Osmo Battery life fix standby mode
2591 3 2016-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Neraxus
lvl.3

Canada

Since the battery life is an issue with the osmo and worse on the X5, perhaps they should create a standby mode of sorts, something that allows you to disable the gimbal motors until you hit record or tap it out of standby. I'm assuming most of the power sucking comes from the motors, I'm worried the X5R's raw recorder could suck up even more power though which is scary.
2016-3-23
Use props
rj74
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is a sleep mode - swipe right on the app to access sleep.
This keeps the wifi connection active, and only takes a few seconds to wake and start shooting.
Battery lasts a long time in sleep mode.
2016-3-23
Use props
Neraxus
lvl.3

Canada

Lol I love when one of my feature requests gets preemptively integrated. It would be nice if the motors could just be switched off instead of having to put the whole thing in stand by.

I just tried sleep on mine, and it did not work. A message popped up saying 'sleep unavailable' or something
2016-3-23
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

You can also slide the Power Switch to deactivate the gimbal, the system status indicator will blink green slowly. Slide down the Switch again, after the indicator blink green quickly around 10 times, it will enter normal working mode again.
2016-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules