Inspire 1 signal problems after firmware update
6979 39 2016-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scottgist
lvl.1
Flight distance : 433264 ft
United States

Well I updated all the firmware with the latest releases. Up to this point no problems what so ever with the craft. Today I take a trip to do some trainspotting with the Inspire and immediately start having signal lost and video lag. First instance I lost RC signal and Inspire went into RTH mode. I recover and landed without incident. Second flight sporadic signal lost and video lagging with artifacting. I recover the aircraft and did a battery changed, checked all sensors, recalibrate compass and took off to do some diagnostics. It seems the RC signal loss is induced by full deflection on RC sticks. I continued to fly without using full deflections and RC signal stayed connected. The video lag and artifacting continued, and can not find any contributing factors to this. Anyone else having these issues after firmware update?
2016-3-23
Use props
Phantomflyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1016486 ft
United States

I'm thinking there are quite a few who are experiencing what you have described. Some have made some comparison of the issue by using another controller which had not been using the latest firmware, and found such video issues had not occurred.
To offset this latest concern by some, it had been suggested they incorporate what has been referred to as the 32 channel hack , and received some positive results.
Why this issue has just now introduced itself, and whether directly related to the latest firmware update has not been absolutely, positively, beyond any reasonable doubt been proven, BUT I'm sure DJI will come forth with a logical explanation all in God's good time, and right after the discovery of
Jimmy Hoffa. : )
2016-3-24
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I would recommend Re-linking the RC to the Aircraft first, then do a RC stick  calibration.  Make sure after FW updates to do a IMU calibration and compass as well.  I have heard the RC signal sometimes needs to be Re-set after FirwWare updates.  Also be sure to clear the Video Cach on the Go App and enable "The Hardware Decode"  Option as well, this will take some of the load off the processor.
The 32 channel upgrade will help with Video but not the RC siganl cutting out.  The "Hack" only effects the Video Transmisssion Signal and not the RC.  ( Might Help Rc slightly but not much...... long explanation)

-donnie

2016-3-25
Use props
zairinzainpane
New

Indonesia

I Have Same Problem Here.. Please Help.. Why My Inspire 1 Have Video Vert Lagging! Already Try Change The Cable Phone, Change The Battery, Formar SD Card, Re-Install DJI Go App, And Still Same Have Very Video Lagging! Very Confused With My Inspire 1. I Never Crash Or Fall My Inspire 1. Please Help. Thanks.
2016-3-29
Use props
immodrones
lvl.1

France

Hi Brothers, i have the same problem here in France... The question is : Why DJI don't give us the solution to our troubles ??? Why no answer or any explanation from them !!!
I've done all the things that you mentioned in the forum also and still my Inspire 1 tell me "lost signal". Well i'm gonna ask them what we can do to fix it. I saw many discussion in some french forums also that relate this thing. If any one have the solution will be great ! Again, why DJI team doesn't give us the entire solution ????????? All the best flying brothers.http://www.immodrones.com
2016-3-30
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

immodrones Posted at 2016-3-30 04:23
Hi Brothers, i have the same problem here in France... The question is : Why DJI don't give us the s ...

Are you still having troubles?  What are they specifically ? I will try to help , but need to know what challenges YOU have.  List them here or send me an e mail.  donaldjames1990@gmail.com

Let me Know- Dr. donnie
2016-3-30
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

immodrones Posted at 2016-3-30 04:23
Hi Brothers, i have the same problem here in France... The question is : Why DJI don't give us the s ...

Lagging video is usually caused by the Device.  The best devices tested with the least amount of Lag are The Apple I -pads.  Also in the " Image Transmission settings"  ( Go app), make sure you are in auto and lower the data mbs by moving the slider to the left, this will reduce range but reduce lag.  Be sure to clear the video cache on the GO App and "Enable Hardware Decode" as well on the go App to take some of the load off of the processor.  I would also do the 32 channel " Upgrade "  It is very simple and in my case made for perfect video transmission to 13,500 feet.  
I hope this helps-donnie
2016-3-30
Use props
frank320
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1440459 ft

I experienced the same issue. It is not a video Iagging issue, but a signal loss issue, which is problematic. I use ipad air 2 and iphone 6s with hardware decode enabled and video caching turned off. The tablet is not overloaded nor overheated. It happens at the start of the flight when everything is still cool.

I could replicate the temporary "signal loss" time and time again by just doing a "full controller stick roll" deflection either to the left or right from hover. Additionally, i have encountered the following warning message just prior to signal loss: "Gimbal roll reached end" or something like that. Signal usually comes back after 2 seconds, sometimes longer.

And yes, i have removed the gimbal and cleaned the contacts, made sure all the gimbal connector pins are aligned properly with no bent pins, etc...

Not confidence inspiring to say the least.

2016-3-30
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

frank320 Posted at 2016-3-30 20:04
I experienced the same issue. It is not a video Iagging issue, but a signal loss issue, which is pro ...

Did you by chance, check the two ribbon cables that connect to the camera mounting base plate?  Just sounded like you are seeing some change at the extreme movement or motion of the gimbal. The cables connect at the camera base mount and near the front frame.

Rich
2016-3-30
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I did a range test on my first generation inspire 1 yesterday and with the latest firmware I have also seemed i to have lost some range. I normally get around 2800 feet from the normal spot I fly and now it's down to around 1900 feet. I hope there a solution. Also while flying along at full speed the propulsion warning keeps popping up every five seconds, very annoying.
2016-3-31
Use props
frank320
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1440459 ft

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-3-31 12:21
Did you by chance, check the two ribbon cables that connect to the camera mounting base plate?  Ju ...

Hi Rich,
Yes, I did check both ends of the ribbon cables, cleaned the gimbal contacts and made sure the contact pins were all aligned.
2016-3-31
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

frank320 Posted at 2016-3-31 08:03
Hi Rich,
Yes, I did check both ends of the ribbon cables, cleaned the gimbal contacts and made sur ...

Hey Frank
Sounds like you have checked most everything. The only other thing I can think of is to go back (downgrade) the firmware by going back to the previous version and then fly the Inspire. See if the problem goes away....

Maybe  DJI has a better idea how to help you

Rich
2016-3-31
Use props
I1ADDICT
lvl.2

United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-3-25 06:33
I would recommend Re-linking the RC to the Aircraft first, then do a RC stick  calibration.  Ma ...

Can you post the process on how to do this please?  I just looked and am not finding anything so thought I'd ask since I am lazy and you're DJI Donnie.

Thanks in advance...and yes, strange things are afoot after the last update.  
2016-3-31
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

I1ADDICT Posted at 2016-3-31 12:49
Can you post the process on how to do this please?  I just looked and am not finding anything so t ...

Just go to the Go app Main flight screen  open "General Settings " Go to the Transmitter "RC Settings " toward the bottom you will see linking the RC.  Just follow the Simple instructions from there.  There is also a tutorial on how to do it as well. Make sure beforehand you can locate the "Link " button on the Aircraft .  It is on the aircraft's Right hand side towards the front Just behind the Nose of the aircraft, near the assembly screw.  Easy peasy lemon squeezy.  You could also try a Reset of The video It is real simple .
Press the C1 + C2 + Trigger (photo) buttons and keep them pressed and TURN OFF the controller.
By still keeping pressed the C1 + C2 + Trigger (photo) buttons TURN ON the controller.

The RC Calibration is under the RC settings as well, just go to RC calibration and follow the Simple Steps.  Make sure you only go in the direction indicated on the display.  

I think I would do this first, and then the Re-link if your signal does not improve.  

Donnie

2016-3-31
Use props
immodrones
lvl.1

France

Donnie Posted at 2016-3-30 19:12
Are you still having troubles?  What are they specifically ? I will try to help , but need to know ...

Hello Donnie, thank's for your answer on this forum. I will send you an email to explain what are the troubles with my I1. All the best Bro. Nic from France
2016-4-1
Use props
jackbenhoward
New

United Kingdom

Hi guys i have two inspires and after updating like i normally do they both say RC signal lost, app has been updated then uninstalled and reinstalled and i have relinked the controllers on both, I have also downgraded to previous firmwares and worked back upwards to the latest firmware, having a nightmare, please help.

2016-4-8
Use props
Arvada
lvl.2
Flight distance : 398822 ft
United States

1. Threads on the 32 Channel config file go back to 2015.  Does it still work on the newest firmware update?
2. Where do you download or find the config file?  I have done some searching and those that comment on it direct to URLs that no longer exist.

Thoughts Donnie?
2016-4-9
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Arvada Posted at 2016-4-9 08:35
1. Threads on the 32 Channel config file go back to 2015.  Does it still work on the newest firmware ...

It works,  As of last week when I updated my go App,  I will give a link to the file.  It has become a bit scarce on the internet, Save it when you get it as well.  

There are several you tube videos, they no longer keep the file ( Not sure why ) but the tutorials are on you tube .

also if you need to get me attention send me a PM, or be sure to "reply " to one of my comments directly, like I am doing yours, this way you get notification.
  http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/a ... ttachmentid=8474424

donnie
2016-4-9
Use props
Arvada
lvl.2
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-9 09:32
It works,  As of last week when I updated my go App,  I will give a link to the file.  It has becom ...

I must be doing something wrong.  I use Mac and when I extract the RAR file, it creates a Config Sys Folder that is empty.

Any suggestions?
2016-4-9
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Arvada Posted at 2016-4-9 10:15
I must be doing something wrong.  I use Mac and when I extract the RAR file, it creates a Config S ...

Send me a reply e mail  and I will send it to you direct.  

donaldjames1990@gmail.com
2016-4-9
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Arvada Posted at 2016-4-9 10:15
I must be doing something wrong.  I use Mac and when I extract the RAR file, it creates a Config S ...

also are you using a I pad as your device  with the go app.  

There is a You tube guy  , I will try to find the you tube video that he did and get back with you.

donnie
2016-4-9
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-9 10:24

This is the you tube video I watch  to remind me what to do. Don't  open the file just keep it in a spot you can find quickly .

2016-4-9
Use props
Arvada
lvl.2
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-9 10:24

Dummy me....

in osx, config files are hidden.  I did a terminal command to unhide.  There it is!!!

But now I see two files....not one.  the config and a file called ".DS_Store"  Do I do anything with this one?
2016-4-9
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>

The problem with the FW 1.7.0.90 update was not about interference so the 32 Ch hack IMO is not a remedy, switching to the new WM610_FC550_FW_V01.08.01.00 or WM610_FC550R_FW_V01.08.00.90 (for X5R users) will solve this.

DJI stated in their upgrade note that one benefit of the update was  'Improved encryption to enhance security during transmission.' I suspect that the frequency hopping algorithm in the last version was messed up.
With FW 1.7.0.90, I flew in an area with no cell or WiFi signal and the craft was 2m in front of me and there was this problem with video signal (control signal was never lost) which would stabilise after a few minutes.
2016-4-9
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Arvada Posted at 2016-4-9 10:47
Dummy me....

in osx, config files are hidden.  I did a terminal command to unhide.  There it is!! ...

The mac unzips , unfolds, unwinds,  everything...  

All you want is the DJI config file .  
dji config.PNG
2016-4-9
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-4-9 10:58
The problem with the FW 1.7.0.90 update was not about interference so the 32 Ch hack IMO is not a re ...

Mike , the thread got off topic, Mike asked a question about the 32 channel update.

we are all good, sorry to confuse anyone ( Including me )

cheers donnie
2016-4-9
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-10 00:03
Mike , the thread got off topic, Mike asked a question about the 32 channel update.

we are all go ...

Yeah, I was responding to the top comment.
Anyways, I've posted the same sentiment (about the real problem behind the last FW update and signal loss) on another thread.
2016-4-9
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13272894 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

After these two updates the signal is horrible! With Inspire the ground no longer have signal. Sometimes after taking off, the signal is good and I have no lag at all, but in most cases are losing the signal several times during the flight.
2016-4-13
Use props
immodrones
lvl.1

France

Hello Brothers,

After contacting DJI Europe for this "Signal Lost" the team couldn't give me any solution !!! I'm so F...... angry. DJI are the worst in the world for they customers i'm telling you.
With the help of Donnie i couldn't  also found a solution . Thank's again Donnie for his contribution and patience. This guy will help you more than stupid DJIIIII staff...
So, now as i say to DJI China, i will take a lawer to fix the problem.
Also my wife is Chinese so she will help me very well i'm telling you
At this time after more then two month, DJI Europ and DJI China could NOT give me any solution...
I'm sorry but it's not Donnie or the others to found the solution, it's dji team NO?
I will sell my Inspire 1 to buy the YUNEEC TYPHOON H.
DJI reputation is not on high level, i'm very very disapointed !
I'm going to talk on GB,USA and French forums how dji baby is awfull with our customers.
+ I'm going to built a super BLOG to tell everybody my story, in French and English.
I don't trust dji , they don't give a F...... the only thing they want is to sell them bloody drones , take money and basta !!!
When you have a problem, there is nobody in djiiiiiiiii to found any solution, or they answer you some stupids like Stefan in dji europe.
Don't read my mails , they send you some pre-built answers like a robot on your mail. Doesn't help me forward at this time.
Well sorry Bros, but i'm fedup and so Angry about this problem. I loose my time, i loose my money, i can't work propely with my clients because every 30 seconds i loose this $#@%$ signal with no return
on my tab Samsung. Stupid and idiot djiiiiiiii !!!!
2016-4-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

immodrones Posted at 2016-4-15 05:39
Hello Brothers,

After contacting DJI Europe for this "Signal Lost" the team couldn't give me any so ...

I am sorry you are having a problem, what is your email or RMA number and I will make sure someone from EU support contacts you ASAP.
Also, what Samsung TAB do you have, the only one on the DJI recommended list is the 705c.
Can you try with another device from the list below to see if that's what the problem is.

ios: iPhone 5s,iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air、 iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular、 iPad mini 2、 iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular、 iPad Air 2、iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular、 iPad mini 3 and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
Android: Samsung tabs 705c、Samsung S6、Samsung S5、Samsung NOTE4、Samsung NOTE3、Google Nexus 9、Google Nexus 7 II、Ascend Mate7、Huawei Mate 8、Nubia Z7 mini、SONY Z3 EXPE、MI 3、MI PAD
*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.

2016-4-14
Use props
immodrones
lvl.1

France

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-15 05:02
I am sorry you are having a problem, what is your email or RMA number and I will make sure someone ...

Hello, i'm using a SAMSUNG  TAB 3 LITE / SM.T113

My mail is : immodrones@yahoo.fr

Just one thing before last uploads, my tab, my AC and my RC works very good !
I do building inspection for big developpers in France, and now with the "signal lost" i lost many contacts and clients because i can't work propely. NO CLIENTS = NO MONEY
2016-4-15
Use props
mark
lvl.2
Flight distance : 176053 ft
United Kingdom

What command do you put in terminal to show the config file, that's the bit I'm stuck on!
2016-4-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

immodrones Posted at 2016-4-15 17:41
Hello, i'm using a SAMSUNG  TAB 3 LITE / SM.T113

My mail is :

The DJI recommended Samsung Tab is the 705c which cost $400 and the one you have is a $100 Tab. I think your device is not working with the GO app is because of the processing power required.

I remember I had a iPad2 and I updated the GO app and my iPad no longer worked and I had to get an iPad Air. This is the same case, I think you need to purchase a more powerful device.
I am sorry about that, I still have a case with you to EU support.
2016-4-15
Use props
les.armishaw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1578970 ft
United Kingdom

I use an Ipad air 2 and am having the same problems. Loss of signal, video lag. This is obviously a problem DJI needs to sort out quickly. Everything was fine before the last firmware update.
2016-4-15
Use props
ian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1257218 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has there been any solution offered for the 'lost signal' or Bad RC Signal range after the firmware upgrade?
Is the only thing so far to relink and reconfigure, calibrate everything and hope for the best?
2016-4-16
Use props
immodrones
lvl.1

France

Could DJI give us a real answer for this problem ? The answer is NO ! Thank you DJI for your help. Great we are stuck with this...
2016-4-18
Use props
roger
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1589239 ft
United Kingdom

les.armishaw Posted at 2016-4-15 17:13
I use an Ipad air 2 and am having the same problems. Loss of signal, video lag. This is obviously a  ...

Our slave is exactly the same, intermittent video even when standing next to the drone!
2016-4-24
Use props
japoyiii
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1107776 ft
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-3-25 06:33
I would recommend Re-linking the RC to the Aircraft first, then do a RC stick  calibration.  Ma ...

Hey Donnie

Do you have a procedure how to hack the 32channels?
Im using ipad mini4.

Thanks
2016-6-21
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

japoyiii Posted at 2016-6-21 15:52
Hey Donnie

Do you have a procedure how to hack the 32channels?

Are you using apple or Android /  It is real simple with the Apple I pad .  Go to you tube for video s on the How to and I can give you a link to the file here.
go to this link for the files, if you have any trouble send me an e- mail

http://forum.dji.com/thread-54974-1-1.html

Post #3 are the files, one is a RAR file and one is a Zip. (your choice, they are the same thing )   It will be a DJI config file you are adding to the Go App

I love this " Update "..... " Hack" is such an Ugly, Obtuse word dont you think .  

donaldjames1990@gmail.com

donnie

2016-6-21
Use props
japoyiii
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1107776 ft
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-6-21 13:56
Are you using apple or Android /  It is real simple with the Apple I pad .  Go to you tube for vide ...

Thank you sir and ill keep you posted!
2016-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules