Phantoms 4 drifting in atti mode
2980 10 2016-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marvinjimenez19
New
  • >>>
United States

So I was trying to to POI mode and remember i had to put it in atti mode to do this. So when I switched it to atti mode my P4 began to drift left. I then put it back in P mode so it could stop drifting. I did this on several tries and again in atti mode it drifted. Can anyone help?
2016-3-25
Use props
gurnpj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103609 ft
United States

Atti mode means no VPS or GPS so there is nothing keeping it in its place. Use P Mode
2016-3-25
Use props
citivas
lvl.2

United States

Is that unexpected?  I thought A mode didn't use GPS so assuming any wind at all drift would be expected.
2016-3-25
Use props
gurnpj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103609 ft
United States

citivas Posted at 2016-3-25 14:10
Is that unexpected?  I thought A mode didn't use GPS so assuming any wind at all drift would be expe ...

Its normal for it to drift in ATTI mode.
2016-3-25
Use props
mark.mwilliams7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1235738 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

With the p4 leave it in p mode and just touch on the little transmitter icon to access modes you want, no need to switch anything any more
2016-3-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Yes, the aircraft will drift in ATTI mode. Go to the Academy section of the main page when you open the app and the whole PDF user manual is in there. Please read the manual so you know how the flight modes work. Trust me, you will be a much happier flyer when you know exactly how your aircraft operates. And congratulations on your purchase, it is truly an amazing machine but you also have to know it's limitations .
And the POI works and P-GPS mode,  push the transmitter icon and then choose the intelligent flight polyps and that will take you to all those features .
2016-3-25
Use props
marvinjimenez19
New
  • >>>
United States

It is not really a drift . It's more of a full moving left all on its own  .
2016-3-25
Use props
marvinjimenez19
New
  • >>>
United States

In anycase I will leave it in P mode now that in can be done in that mode on the P4. My P3 had to be in atti mode for POI to work
2016-3-25
Use props
pgrover516
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-25
Use props
mattd
lvl.3

Australia

ATTI mode will drift with the wind, there is no gps positioning to keep it in place. This has been exactly the same since the Phantom 1.

If you are flying fast in ATTI mode and let go, it will continue drifting on the same path with momentum. This is expected.

Fly in GPS and it will stop right where it is.
2016-3-25
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Phantom-en1.png
2016-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules