Phantom 3 Std. Bad motor causing high pitched 'whistle' sound/ No...
3871 10 2016-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

Does anyone elses make this racket? Mine has done this since its maiden flight. Just finally so annoyed by the whistle now, am I posting about it. I unfortunately see a repair return to DJI. At least it should be under warranty.

2016-3-26
Use props
karlsbar
lvl.2

Germany

This is the Ultrasonic from the P4
2016-3-26
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

Phantom 3 Standard. Not the P4.
2016-3-27
Use props
petee09
lvl.1
Flight distance : 578051 ft
United States

Hard to tell for certain, but I think my Phantom 3 Standard sounds the same. Not sure if it's "normal" or not, but I haven't noticed any flight/performance issues. The sound can be somewhat annoying though.
2016-3-28
Use props
michaelgraveman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 208383 ft
United States

Mine has always sounded that way
2016-3-28
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-28
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

Yup. Found it a couple of days ago and forgot to report here. Wonder if DJI would send me a new motor under warranty or if it would just be easier, faster and ultimately better experience, if I just buy one off Amazon...
2016-4-1
Use props
quaddron3
lvl.2

Canada

You can tell which is likely the bum motor when the drone landed and motors were turned off in the video. Its the first one to stop spinning (bottom right). Probably something scraping on it to create friction and accounts for quicker stop and high pitch noise?
2016-4-1
Use props
michaelgraveman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 208383 ft
United States

Morph1 Posted at 2016-3-28 23:57
that could be a bearing... I would try to pin point which motor is making that noise...,
try to ro ...

I spun them all and they feel normal.. Will definitely keep an eye on it though
2016-4-2
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

As you spin each one ,  listen.  Chances are,  one will have a slightly rough sound.  But,  for what it's worth,  mine sounds the same.  I have one motor that sounds a little like bearing issue,  but it has never affected flight,  and does not get any warmer than any other motor.  So I just fly away real fast so I can't hear it as well and ignore it.
2016-4-2
Use props
elam.bill
lvl.1

United States

Same sound from my p3s. Returned to DJI under warranty and was told no problem found. Still makes the same sound, but I currently have no flight problems.
2016-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules