INSPIRE 1 PRO FIRMWARE
1540 13 2016-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KiwiKev
lvl.1

New Zealand

Hey Donnie,

Thats great to hear that you are retired. What type of contracting work did you do?
How long have you been flying the drones? Doo you do it for fun or for income?

I am semi retired since i was about 45, and now i run a couple of boarding houses next door to where i live for a friend
who owns them. It only takes a couple of hours a week and gives me something to do except when the odd tenant plays up or doesnt
pay their rent.

But now im on the business wagon again, I am looking forward to building another new business, which is my 6th business.
My other companies i built from scratch and after 5 to 6 years i sell them.
This time i am doing something i love to do and even though its more work when you franchise,
like i did when i started a Pest Control company in Brisbane
which we franchised out, it does speed up the growth of your company.

i basically have started my own businesses from when i was 18 years old and i left NZ to go to Brisbane Aussie.
aand in 1990 i had a bad car accident that nearly killed me, i broke both tighs, my left shin in 6 places, my right arm both bones in 8 places,
3 ribs and 2 vertabrae in my back and got 101 staples.
These are the photos. The car had new front tyres and whe it hit the instersection the tyres aquaplaned and when i saw the
tafice pole coming towards me i had a second to unbuckle my seat belt and used my right arm to try and push against the window pilar
and just as i started to the pole came right through the middle of the drivers door.

Well i did the D1 Test Flight today and everything went well untill the inspire hit the sleepout on the property and broke
the bottom gimble bracket. but it could of been alot  worst. ive got new parts arriving on friday.
But the Inspire did everything perfectly, compass calibration went perfectly, i had gps lock and i was so happy
it all went so well except for the crash.

Donnie I wanted to ask you how do you rotate your inspire camera? which buttons did you use to set up the camera rotation.
I just thought i would use the right radio dial to do that just like the other dial does the tilt of the camera.
So that surprised me why they didnt just use the right dial to do it.

i look foward to our next chat.
cheers Kevs

car001

car001

car002

car002

car003

car003

car004

car004

car005

car005
2016-3-26
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Dear dazed and Confused.....Sorry Kev, I dont own the Inspire 1 Pro ( I own the Inspire 1 v2 and Phantom 3Pro )  .  My best suggestion is to wait Until Monday  and the DJi Folks can Log on and help out.  Just keep in mind a couple things that I do Know. ( Make sure you go slow and stop when you get stuck, dont guess  )

*Before you update anything , make sure you register with dji. dont do anything until then. if you start to update before registering it can cause a mess

*When updating the aircraft Use a fresh SD card that is formatted on a PC not a Mac.  Make sure you are downloading the files for the PRO and not the standard Inspire.  Make sure the TRANSMITTER IS OFF when updating the aircraft.  Also when you load the SD card into the aircraft for the update make sure aircraft is OFF, then load sd card with the Firm-Ware  and then then power up aircraft the FW will then begin . Only download the BIN file to the SD card NOTHING ELSE
*  The Transmitters ( RC )  are updated with the GO  APP  running on the Device plugged into the RC Transmitter.  Be sure to use a Reliable FIXED wi- fi signal.  Make sure the Transmitters are fully charged.( The RC firmware  latest update  is 1.5.80 and (1.6 )for the aircraft , camera I believe is (1.4)  to answer you question  ). You load 1.4 pro FW which mill update the Aircraft to 1.6 and camera to 1.4                                                              Aircraft is off when updating transmitters
* Watch the tutorials on DJI and read the Manual .
*. Dont try and "Re- Link" or bind anything until you have the updates completed.  A lot of new pilots update the aircraft and then try to use the RC transmitter and it wont work.  When you update one, you must update the other ( In most cases ) espescially when brand new.  
*.  If you only have the x5 camera the Firware Upload will be a lot less confusing. Please confirm this ( Only have x5 camera )

I hope this helps..........by the way what is Sky Pixel?  Is that Internet service in NZ??  Make sure youare using the DJI Go App.
Let me know what you have done so far and I will try to Help.  Just MAKE SURE YOU REGISTER WITH DJI FIRST .
Please list exactly what you have attempted to do so far ie:  did you register with dji first on the go app?  Did you update the aircraft ?  If so did it say success ? did you update the transmitters?  etc:

- donnie

2016-3-27
Use props
KiwiKev
lvl.1

New Zealand

Donnie Posted at 2016-3-27 23:32
Dear dazed and Confused.....Sorry Kev, I dont own the Inspire 1 Pro ( I own the Inspire 1 v2 and Ph ...

Hi Donnie thank you so much for your time, i am indebted to you.
When i first turn on the remote control it asks me to select certain defaults
and then the last action is to log on to skypixel to activate and give my inspire a formal purchase date.
the problem donnie is that it never lets me log on because it keeps telling me my password is wrong.
and yet online i can log straight in to skypixel no problems.

Also Donnie i bought 2 RC's and yet i can not even select slave or master on any of the remotes.

I was told to up date to the latest firmware upgrade which i did and it was version 01.04.00.07
and it tells me it went through ok.

But we cant link the rc's and we cant set master and slave.

Donnie its almost enough to bring tears to your eyes, because all up it cost me over 11k, including 4 batteries, an osmo, tripods, lenses, spare parts, pbs case, etc.

But Donnie thank you from the bottom of my heart for your time and replying to me, i really appreciated that.
cheers Kev
>~)))))))))*>
2016-3-27
Use props
Paul S
lvl.3
Flight distance : 750922 ft
United Kingdom

KiwiKev Posted at 2016-3-28 06:51
When i first turn on the remote c ...

I had a similar problem upgrading a friend's Inspire. I used the "Forgot password" option to re-set the password and everything went fine after that.

Regards
Paul
2016-3-28
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

KiwiKev Posted at 2016-3-28 00:51
When i first turn on the remote c ...

Fist off when you say  "Skypixel "you are just referring to DJI  website correct ?   I have never heard it referred to like this .   If you cannot log on because it says wrong password, be sure to triple check make sure  THE USER NAME IS 100% CORRECT AS WELL AS THE PASSWORD(be sure to check the CAPS)   I CANT TELL YOU HOW MANY TIMES THIS HAS HAPPENED TO  ME.  If you are positive then I would use the forgot password link and start over.  
  You will not be able to do anything until you register the device.   (This is a good thing ) You must get things registered first, do not do any more Firmware (FW) updates until you solve this.  

You did update the Aircraft ,  is that Correct ?  
Take a deep breath and solve one thing at a time,. Do you own other DJI equipment ?This way I know what level to refer to things , either at very basic or more advanced level .

Kev , these are the latest FW versions you should get installed on your System .  THIS IS OUR GOAL FOR YOU .  Once you get registed go to the Go App and turn everything on  go to the "General Settings " Tab and scroll to the bottom of theGo app where it will say "About "  this will show all of your current FW versions on  your system.  We are only going to check this after we resolve the Confirmation password challenge........One thing at a time Brah !

We will get this figured out, you are gonna love it once we get this  sorted .

GO App - 2.7.1
RC transmitter - 1.5.80
Pro is updated using 1.4.0.70 which brings aircraft to 1.6.00.40 and the X5 camera to 1.4.0.70....

Lets get that Password solved first , everything else will fall into place.  

-donnie

2016-3-28
Use props
KiwiKev
lvl.1

New Zealand

Hi Donnie,

thanks again.

when i turn on my remote and i select the DJI GO App, it asks me to activate my aircraft
and it ask me 6 questions, like craft name, mode 2 default, beginners mode, c1 and c2 buttons
and i get through all of those no problem.,
Then it asks me on the last screen to log in to my skypixel account to verify my craft and purchase
date for my warranty.
but thats as far as i get i have tried over 50 times now to log in, tried new emails address, passwords,
and nothing works on the remote control tablet.  yet when i go to skypixel online i can log straight int to my account on my pc..
My RC tablet and DJI my account are the same email address and my password is the same so i don;t know why i can't activate the
the inspire.
i even did a password reset through the tablet and that didn't even work, meaning that i still could not log on to skypixel to complete my update.

Donnie where can i find those updates you mentioned for the dji go app and especially the Remote Control?

I downloaded the latest firmware update: WM610_FC550_FW_V01.04.00.70
and ferntech told me to run that update on the inspire, the remotes and every battery which is what i have done today.
but i still cant get past that activation screen on the dji go app.
My inspire has been updated to v01.04.00.70 and on the about us page is says 1.4.00.10+
App2.1.0 - which ill update from the play store
and the remote control version is 1.5.80.

ive now updated the dji go app and
for the first time we had some life.

Donnie, you are the bomb brother, if you are ever in auckland nz, Txt me
and ill put you up for a while.

UPDATE
Donnie i am a bearer of good news....

1] I finally got my inspire activated, and it went straight in to skypixel
after another new email address and password Change.

2] Remember we couldn't get the remotes to be named master and or slave,
well we have now solved that problem.
I selected Slave on the camera controller remote
and decided to try a search for a master and bingo, it found my other rc and with the exact id number
required. so tomorrow when i finally leave terrafirma for a quick and slow test flight, I will dedicate flight #1
to you my friend and from that day that flight will always be referred to as the "D1 TEST FLIGHT"
and who knows when we are all famous and a newsman asks me do you remember your first flight
in the Inspire and how was it? I will tell them... hell yeah! i will never forget that first test flight because it is called
the "D1 Test Flight" 30th March 2016 as a thank you to a new friend who took the time and patience
to reply to my crys of help and he didn't quit.

"As Yee Shall Sow, So Shall Yee Reap"

Thank You Donnie. I will log back in after the "D1 Test Flight" tomorrow.
thanks my friend so much. I would be interested in what you do and where you live in the world.
Cheers Kev

2016-3-29
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

KiwiKev Posted at 2016-3-29 03:01
Hi Donnie,

thanks again.

I am so happy that You have it up and running, You are going to love it.  I live in East Lansing Michigan by the way and I was in the contracting business for several Years and am Now Kind of retired .  Now then  you will be Famous because I am a bit of a Good Luck Charm ( People have told me that for years )  So be ready for good things.  Sorry I did not respond sooner, I was trying to help out another member.

Cheers donnie

If you need anything send me an e mail. I dont have the Pro but I have an Inspire 1 V2 and a Phanmotm 3 pro.   and will do my  best if you cant find the answer here            donaldjames1990@gmail.com
2016-3-29
Use props
KiwiKev
lvl.1

New Zealand

Paul S Posted at 2016-3-28 19:09
I had a similar problem upgrading a friend's Inspire. I used the "Forgot password" option to re-set ...

Hey Paul, thank you for your comments and im sorry for the slow response.
i had made over 50 attempts at trying to log in from the rc, but my last new email and new password change worked.
plus i had updated every item i had with new firmware.
now my rcs talk to each other, re the master and slave.
so im happy to be flying again.
thanks Paul
cheers KiwiKev
2016-3-29
Use props
KiwiKev
lvl.1

New Zealand

Donnie Posted at 2016-3-27 23:32
Dear dazed and Confused.....Sorry Kev, I dont own the Inspire 1 Pro ( I own the Inspire 1 v2 and Ph ...

hey donnie, i just wondered if the car photos showed up on the post to you. number 1 post.
cheers Kev
2016-3-30
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Wow, that accident is terrible , luckily you survived.  To answer your question I was a Carpenter for a while , i did a lot of electrical work, Kind of a jack of all trades. Then my wifes family bought a Couple of car Dealerships  and I did that for a period of time, but working with family is a drag.   Now as far as panning with the camera, that can be done in a couple different ways, You can literally just yaw the aircraft or, the best way to get Professional shots is with the second RC controller.  Whilst one person is flying the other is concentrating on the best shot using the Second RC for the camera, I dont own the Pro  so you are going to have to research all the nuances of that .  Now keep in mind you should be Line of Sight to best accomplish this.  If I were you and Kind of new to RC. I would just concentrate on flying, not worrying about the camera for now,  Get used to how the aircraft responds to stick movement, this will take some time , depending on your skill set this could take weeks or months, but it will come.  Then you also are going to want to get a good Video editing software .  So You have  bit off quite a bit here, but you sound like a hardworking motivated individual , it will get there.  Be sure to go slow and dont take chances.  

Good luck and let me know if You need any other help.  If I am mnot on the forum you can send me an e-mail  donaldjames 1990@gmail.com

cheers - donnie
2016-3-31
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

KiwiKev Posted at 2016-3-30 20:55
hey donnie, i just wondered if the car photos showed up on the post to you. number 1 post.
cheers  ...

Also for smooth panning be sure to lower the "Expo",   setting on the Go app by Reducing the yaw from 40 to 30  .  This is found on the Go app  "MC settings"  then open  Advanced settings  go to EXP.  Also go to the "RC Control settings and lower the Gimbal Wheel speed  to about 30.  This will give better tilt, loks more pleasing on video.  Be sure when powering on the aircraft you do it in this order ALWAYS
1- RC transmitter
2- Aircraft
3- Go app  ( You can have the device on but dont open the Go APP till last.   ( Make sure no other Apps are open as well )

When powering down always in this order. ( Or Changes in settings will not hold, all setting changes must be done with the EVERYTHING ON .  

1-Aircraft
2- RC Transmitter
3- Go App
also I have a link that may help you , it says for Phantom but most of the applications apply to the Inspire.  Please read it, it explains a lot about the go app and what the meanings of things are.  It was a big help to me when starting out.  give  it a moment to load , and scroll down to get to the data.  Please read start to finish, it will answer a lot of questions

https://www.dropbox.com/s/10tozj ... ry%20Guide.pdf?dl=0

Hope this helps- donnie

2016-3-31
Use props
KiwiKev
lvl.1

New Zealand

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-1 02:32
Also for smooth panning be sure to lower the "Expo",   setting on the Go app by Reducing the yaw f ...

Hey Donnie, i haven't been on the forum for a while because
of work etc.

Thank You for your tips because they are a big help.

But I am the bearer of bad news and some good news.

I took my Inspire 1 Pro to the park for my real D1 flight training
on a big open area park and the first 20 to 25 minutes of flying
was just excellent. These Inspires are amazing to fly and very fast,
and they can change course so fast it really is fun.
The gps locks work great when you let go of both joysticks the Inspire just
hovers there and even when the wind is about 10 to 15 knots,
the inspire was rock solid.

Now the bad news, I had just finished with the first battery
which was a TB47 and the inspire was perfect.

So for my next flight set i put in a new TB48 i had bought
and then about 2 to 3 minutes later, and while still in
Beginner Mode for my own safety and the Inspires.
In my first flight i took the Inspire up to its Minimum on Beginner
mode of 30 metres, so i could get an idea of what that height
looks like to me.

So now im ready to do my second flight with the new TB48,
it flew excellent, i was practicing flying around a circle whilst
keeping the nose facing  in to the centre.
Then i did a climb back up to my 30 metre ceiling and then
I just started to bring it down, and at that moment the Inspire
looses total Power and I could not even save it, it fell from
a height of about 25 metres straight down and crashed badly
and did heaps of damage. Like all props, 2 legs shattered, the central
worm gear with the beige plastic grommet with the the thread that
aids in the legs raising, the whole vibration board, the underside
black plastic of the inspires body, the right hand side carbon fibre tube
that holds the props had twisted right out of whack, the 4 screws
weren't able to keep the legs at the right angle. I didn't have the
camera on because i had damaged that on my first day.

So in a nut shell its a total write off nearly.

Donnie I cant tell you how much i was heart broken, it had been
such an excellent day flying till that point.

So when i got home and really looked at it, it was a real sad
state of affairs.

Then i did some searches on the Inspire 1 Pro crashes and
there are heaps and heaps of people complaining about one thing,
and it didn't seem to be just the Inspire 1 Pro, there were P2's, P3's and
the new P4's.
The common denominator was not the drones it was the new
TB48 Batteries and there are heaps of people complaining about
loosing Power whilst in flight and large voltage drops in like a couple of
seconds from say 75% to 20% in the blink of an eye.
Another guy in China is flying a P3 Pro with the TB48 battery in, and he
is in the middle of a road and his P3 is now at about 250 to 300+ feet
filming the tops of high rise building, and then that's it, it just drops
straight down from that height down on to the road and destroys the whole P3.

And there are heaps of these complaints Donnie about the TB48, so i have sent
my TB48's back to the FernTech in NZ  where I bought them from and they have
decided to replace them both Free of charge just in case they are faulty.

I am also thinking that maybe I would be better with the tried and tested TB47's
instead of the new TB48's, what do you think?

Which batteries are you using Donnie?

So back to the Inspire, I rang  Ferntech where I bought it from and they said to send it
down and they would look at the flight logs and then they will decide
if they can repair it at my cost or would it fall under the warranty.

Donnie like me i don't have much faith in warranties as companies
always seem to find a way to get out of the warranty.

Well a week had gone past and they told me they couldn't read
the flight logs and that they had to send it back to China to DJI's HQ,
so their technicians could read the flight logs.

When the salesman told me this, i emailed him back, because if
he couldn't read the Logs, my theory that I put to him was this...

If the Inspires own Source Code and DJI GO APP were in the
middle of carrying out an actual software instruction when the
Power was turned off, that lead me to think that the flight logs
were corrupted because of that and that's why they couldn't read them.

We have all had USB's that get corrupted when you take it out of
the computer before it has closed off the USB, so that's why i
was pretty certain that this might be the same case.

I had a friend with me that day and he had the crash on video
and you can see the Inspire's Props stop spinning and it just dropped
out of the sky, I also sent them this as well.

He did reply back to me and said he didn't think my theory was right
and he said the DJI Techs would be able to read the logs because they
know how to get past certain obstacles when looking at logs etc.

It's now been 3 weeks and I finally get an email with the reply
of what they are going to do.

It said that the DJI Techs in China still could not read the logs (i still
think it was because they were corrupted) and because the Inspire
was brand new, DJI and the FernTech company in New Zealand
had decided to go halves in the cost of rebuilding the whole
Inspire 1 Pro back to new and at Zero Cost to me.

Donnie, I was just so happy to have a bit of good luck for a change
and i think it was actually stress relief because if i had to pay for
the whole bill it could of been up to $3000 the NZ Company told me.

And I am happy its actually being done by DJI because they have all the jigs
and parts and most of all experience. This will also ensure that the Inspire
1 Pro is put in to one of their Jigs so that all the props and arms can be properly
squared up and aligned correctly back to original positions.

Ive attached a copy of the Business Card Draft with the new logo.
Any feedback is always welcome, and mainly because as owners
we sometimes are too close the subject, like names and logos, so a person
who is not emotionally attached can provide good feedback on a subject
that us owners may not of thought of.

Donnie I better let you go, thanks for the chat and lets keep in touch.
cheers Kev
DVAP BUSINESS CARDS DRAFT.png
2016-5-2
Use props
KiwiKev
lvl.1

New Zealand

Hi Donnie,
do you have a Start Up Checklist for your Inspire, as i was going to print one for myself,
but wanted to know if you had one that you always use.

Thanks so much for your advice, its such a big help especially when your new to something.

I do have 1 question i wanted to ask you. How do you rotate the Inspire 1's Camera?
I know the Tilt ok, but I was surprised that when i used the second dial on the remote
it did not rotate the Camera.
Is there anyway I can make the right hand dial do the camera rotating? I just thought that
it would be more convenient when flying.
thanks Donnie
Cheers Kev
2016-5-3
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

KiwiKev Posted at 2016-5-3 03:01
Hi Donnie,
do you have a Start Up Checklist for your Inspire, as i was going to print one for myself ...

KK, I have a generic checklist that I copied from the Forum, Nothing fancy  ( You should just write down what helps you and make your own custom one , get ideas from the net of course )    I rarely use it now as it is commited to memory ( I really should use it more often )  .

As far as the Camera is concerned I use the Aircraft itself to pan and I use the Dial on the top left to tilt, Make sure your camera Gimbal expo  and Gimbal dial speed are set to low numbers for the best  look on video's.

You can make that dial do both functions ( tilt and yaw )  by changing the C1C2 functions, I never cared for this  very much because I feel the aircraft Panning is good enough for my needs, you may want to give it at least a try.  You can also just put your finger on the Go App screen and a blue circle will come up, you can then point the camera where-ever you like.  

The ISO wheel can not be changed to other functions as far as I know.

Also I think you asked about batteries, I only fly with the T48 batteries, I feel I get longer flight times and more climb power compared to the 47's, I only have one of those, I have 6 t 48s and  1 t 47
You are very lucky that they replaced the aircraft for you. I would follow some  rules on batteries to help you.

-Only fly on full batteries, if below 90 % dont fly.  To top off a battery that is about 95 % and wont "auto turn on"  is to place the battery on the charger and then tun it on, ( Standard double press of button )  this will force the battery to charge and get to  100%.

- Batteries for the first ten flight's only take down to 50% and then recharge.  This is a good way to spot any bad cells ( If any )  and also break them in . ( some pilots say you dont have to do this but I do, I rarely have battery issues and NEVER ONE THAT BROUGHT DOWN MY AIRCRAFT.)

-Cycle the batteries every ten charges down below 5 %. What I do is fly down to about 15% keeping the bird close by, then I simply hover or do some low practice figure 8's , once the battery goes to critical and will hardly climb I simply Hover and wait till the batteryis about ready to die, I keep it lind on the skids and continue giving power until below 5 % or even lower, or you can just let the battery die .  Then give a full charge.

-Be sure you can hear the warnings clearly when you take off " Home Point Recorded "  because when you are low on battery and the RTH kicks in, if you dont hear or see that warning and the aircraft if over 60 feet away from the takeoff point, it  is going to liftoff and want to go to the Home point if you are not in a clear area the aircraft can hit something on the way up to the designated RTH height, and during this time you have no control . ( This is a  controversial setting)  Once the aircraft reaches the RTH set height you have control again.  
JUST MAKE SURE YOU CAN HEAR THE ANNOUNCEMENT  

-Never fly with cold packs.  Makes sure they are nice and warm in cold weather.

-Hover for about 1 minute beofe every flight , test stick reaction and watch the battery voltage for any spikes, if you see any land immediatly and investigate.

I hope this answers some of your questions, I  think the New business Logo looks Brilliant by the way.  

donnie

2016-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules