Motor or prop lock results
546 2 2016-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eganders
lvl.2
Flight distance : 191821 ft
United States

I have questions about stopping prop rotation.  When practicing and flying slowly & low, I fell and the props were caught and locked from rotating, I pulled the left stick all the way down to stop the motors right away.  I understand that it should take about 3 secs to shut down.  Today, however, one of the motors stopped and the others kept going.  I even pressed the battery button twice to shut it down and finally pulled the battery to stop the rotation.  I restarted the Phantom 3P and one of the motors did not rotate.  It was free wheeling.  I finally shut P3 down and restated it again and finally everything seems to be normal.  The motors heated up and you could smell them.  Can anyone tell me is this normal?  What is going on in the circuit?  The crash was not bad at all since the Phantom was going slow (about 1 mph) and at about 2 ft in the air. But the motors not shutting down, the high temperature and smell and the one not starting up again right away was a frightening experience.

I would be interested in other's experience when the props get locked.
2016-3-27
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

That is very strange...  When you start and stop motors on the ground do they keep turning as well? would be interesting to see the video
2016-3-28
Use props
eganders
lvl.2
Flight distance : 191821 ft
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-28 07:11
That is very strange...  When you start and stop motors on the ground do they keep turning as well?  ...

This was a one-time incident (so far).  I was in a panic, so the exact sequence might be in error.  I was unaware that the CSC (combination stick command) where you pull both sticks into the center to start the motors also can be used as an emergency stop.  If it happens again, I will use that.  
2016-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules