My first flights with my P4 ...
807 5 2016-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bobcape3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 135787 ft
United States

I received my P4 on the 21st. My first ever RC aircraft. We have had snow, rain and lots of wind all week. I practiced a few take offs and landings on Thursday and put in time on the simulator. I flew about 20 minutes on several flights yesterday and closer to 30 minutes today. I am solidly hooked!  I cobbled together about three and a half minutes of video from all of that flight time. I have a lot to learn about aerial videography and editing. I also notice that a lot of artifacts were introduced by the upload to YouTube. I need to figure out the best settings for uploading to YouTube. Here's a crappy compilation of clips from my first flights. I definitely need to slow down my pans and gimbal movements. I don't know how to embed the video.

Bob

2016-3-27
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

very nice for the first time!
2016-3-28
Use props
Bobcape3
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-28 06:05
very nice for the first time!

Thanks.  

Quick battery question. Normally when I get back home with a battery operated device I immediately throw it on the charger so it's ready for the next outing. I have read that it's best to store the P4 batteries at 50% or less charge. Is that the correct procedure? One of my batteries is at 43% and the other one is at 48%. Should I leave them at this level until the day of my next flights?  Thanks.

Bob
2016-3-28
Use props
uptowndisco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bobcape3 Posted at 2016-3-28 16:32
Thanks.  

Quick battery question. Normally when I get back home with a battery operated device I  ...

Those levels are fine to me , you dont have to be down to the exact percentage.
2016-3-28
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Bobcape3 Posted at 2016-3-28 23:32
Thanks.  

Quick battery question. Normally when I get back home with a battery operated device I  ...

That is correct. 40%+ of charge is ok to store your batteries!
2016-3-28
Use props
Bobcape3
lvl.2
United States

Thanks Ken.

Bob
2016-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now