Advice on filters, backpacks, and chargers
1355 12 2016-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MattG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 127133 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all,I'm looking into buying a backpack, car charger, and a filter for my DJI Phantom 3 Advanced. I've seen a few threads discussing individual products, but I'm just wondering which site / seller gives you the best value for each item? Just wanting a few recommendations for individual products.

I'm looking for a backpack just to store my drone in and transport it to and from locations, but I'd rather not have the hard shell if possible. I've seen a few on Gearbest, but wondered if anyone could show photos of what to expect? Is there anyone on Amazon who does them at a similar price?

I'm not sure which car charger is safe to use with the DJI batteries as I don't want to damage them. Any recommendations?

I'm not sure what the difference between polarising and ND filters is. At the minute, my videos are completely overexposed (large white glare across the whole screen) as the main place I shoot has a number of white buildings. It also seems that the first sign of sunlight really makes shooting difficult. I'm not sure whether to get polarising, ND4, 8, or 16? Any recommendations for particular products?

Many thanks!
Matt
2016-3-28
Use props
Oleksiy
lvl.3
Switzerland

I have got the DJI hardshell. In my opinion, it is a very good backpak. It is light, compact and strong. I saw a video as someone was pooring water from a hose on it, and a paper-towel inside was still dry afterwards. I walk to mountains with it, and I am not afraid of a shower or snow. It has got a horizontal stripe on a chest level, so it is very comfortable to carry long distances. I think this backpack is one of the best things about P3.

I recently traveled by air with P3A in this hardshell as hand-luggage. Not a single question from anyone.
http://asset1.djicdn.com/uploads ... dium_backpack-4.jpg
2016-3-28
Use props
MattG
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Oleksiy Posted at 2016-3-29 08:15
I have got the DJI hardshell. In my opinion, it is a very good backpak. It is light, compact and str ...

That's excellent, thank you. I'm looking for something a little cheaper though if possible?
2016-3-29
Use props
joe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1032215 ft
United States

http://www.amazon.com/Backpack-Q ... _detailpage_o08_s00

Been very happy with this bag.

I am looking for a filter purchase this week also.  I think I am going to go with this package for Best Buy

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/pola ... 0&skuId=4866300

Outside of that I have not been interested in the car adapter.  I have 3 batteries and have been happy with the flight time I have.  
2016-3-29
Use props
flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>

joe@alexandermf Posted at 2016-3-30 02:46
http://www.amazon.com/Backpack-Quadcopter-Professional-Advanced-Accessories/dp/B012Y9BLAM?ie=UTF8&ps ...

Those filters are Polarprofilters.com. I purchased the 6 pack filters from them and are of high quality. You can get a better deal on their own website and they may still offer the 20% discount by typing in"drone360". Give it a try but it could be expired by now.
2016-3-29
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

You shouldn't have any problems with overexposure.  If you have, filters are unlikely to fix it.  Can you not adjust the camera settings?
2016-3-29
Use props
MattG
lvl.1
United Kingdom

joe@alexandermf Posted at 2016-3-29 19:46
http://www.amazon.com/Backpack-Quadcopter-Professional-Advanced-Accessories/dp/B012Y9BLAM?ie=UTF8&ps ...

Bag looks good but think it's probably a little large for me as I just have one battery. Looking for that exact bag but just a little smaller if possible! Not sure if it exists, but that's helpful. Thanks!
2016-3-30
Use props
MattG
lvl.1
United Kingdom

nigelw Posted at 2016-3-29 22:11
You shouldn't have any problems with overexposure.  If you have, filters are unlikely to fix it.  Ca ...

Ordered an ND16 filter yesterday and it arrived this morning, so will give it a go when I take it out later today. Will play around with the white balance - any other tips for altering the camera settings?
2016-3-30
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

MattG Posted at 2016-3-30 13:39
Ordered an ND16 filter yesterday and it arrived this morning, so will give it a go when I take it  ...

In auto, just alter the + or - EV on the right hand wheel on the RC.  In manual, alter the shutter speed until it's right, keep the ISO value as low as possible.  If you have the over-exposure warning (zebra stripes) switched on, just adjust it until the stripes just about disappear from the bright areas, usually the sky.
2016-3-30
Use props
MattG
lvl.1
United Kingdom

nigelw Posted at 2016-3-30 19:26
In auto, just alter the + or - EV on the right hand wheel on the RC.  In manual, alter the shutter  ...

Never knew that the right-hand wheel was responsible for EV, so that's very helpful. Will give it a go and test it when I can! Cheers.
2016-3-31
Use props
superik.nice
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184058 ft
France

MattG Posted at 2016-3-31 22:25
Never knew that the right-hand wheel was responsible for EV, so that's very helpful. Will give it  ...

Hello,
Ive bought a cheap bagpack on aliexpress. 30 euros. But the straps hqve started to tear after 3 hikings (1 or 2 hours)... I have to ask my mum to repair it . Except for this problem the bag is ok (maybe a few rainproof, but I don't want to test ;) ).

I ve bought 3 Nd lenses too , on amazon (nd4, 8 and 16. Anbee brand) for 35 euros. The product quality is ok. You can use the nd16 if the sun is shining a lot, and the nd4 if it s cloudy. You can find on internet( here, for example http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/nd-8-or-nd-16-filter.52866/#post-506896 ) explanations for the choice of the filter (depends of the weather conditions, the number of video frame and shutter too).

Eric
2016-3-31
Use props
dehnstjohn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 198957 ft
United States

MattG Posted at 2016-3-29 04:42
That's excellent, thank you. I'm looking for something a little cheaper though if possible?

I think you get what you pay for.  I wouldn't skimp on the protection.  Just saying.  I have the GPC (Go Professional Backpack) and love it.  It's light weight, has a ton of extra storage space and offers great protection.  http://www.multicopterwarehouse.com/gpc-p3-backpack-std
2016-3-31
Use props
MattG
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks both for your help. I've ordered an ND16 filter and a relatively cheap bag that I can use for the forseeable future. I've got my eye on a £150 one, but will wait a while to see if I really do need it. Thanks again guys!
2016-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules