Phantom 3 pro or Phantom 4
897 6 2016-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ajpierro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 321476 ft
United States

I currently have a vision 2+ so either of the two would be considered a noticable update.  My question is, are the Phantom 4's video and stills a huge leap over the 3 pro's?  There are awesome deals on 3 pro's with extra equipment for what the 4 cost by itself.  I have no problem with the money but if there is not a difference then the 3 pro seems the way to go.  I shoot a lot of construction and commercial/architectual projects so, the sport mode is really of no use to me but the object tracking seems interesting.  Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!!
2016-3-29
Use props
Oleksiy
lvl.3
Switzerland

Certainly, the lenses of P4 are better. But image quality depends not only on a camera. There are also meteorology, piloting skills, understanding camera settings, etc. Price is a factor too, not only in the sense of saving money, but also in taking a risk of a translational flight above water, woods, or mountains.

My P3A system costs 1000+ USD, including spare batteries and a hardshell backpack. The P4 system would cost 2000+ USD. I pilot P3A a bit more calmly and bravely, if outside a city, as I know that if something happens I would just upgrade to P4.
2016-3-29
Use props
ajpierro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 321476 ft
United States

I know everything there is to know as far as iso, shutter speeds, white balance, etc. as I am a professional photographer and understand every situation (lighting, weather, etc) plays a factor in the shots you can achieve.  I'm really just wondering if the  price of the 4 vs the bang for your buck on the 3 pro is justified through optics.  I plan on moving to an inspire one in the future but for now am just looking for info from current owners of the p3 pro and 4 on image/video quality.  Thanks again for taking the time to reply!
2016-3-29
Use props
Oleksiy
lvl.3
Switzerland

ajpierro Posted at 2016-3-29 15:24
I know everything there is to know as far as iso, shutter speeds, white balance, etc. as I am a prof ...

I saw sample images and videos from the P4 and P3 side by side at some thread at: http://www.phantompilots.com/ , but I cannot find them now.
2016-3-29
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

P4 is proving to be excellent for me -- Do it you know you want it :-)
2016-3-29
Use props
madaerial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 512251 ft
United States

I was going back and forth between the P3 and P4. What it boiled down to (for me at least) was object avoidance and active track. If object avoidance saves your drone once, it was probably worth the extra $$$. I'm very happy I chose the P4, but honestly I probably would have been very happy with a P3 as well.
2016-3-29
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hi,here is the comparison:
http://www.dji.com/products/compare-phantom

Hope these two links will help you
2016-3-29
Use props
Advanced