Phantom 3 Standard remote problem
4713 11 2016-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
drtownson1105
lvl.1

United States

Could someone give me their opinion. a few weeks ago I purchased a p3s got it loaded with  the firmware update and went to flying. Made some great videos and had no trouble what so ever. So I had already bought a (wifi signal range extender antenna kit by ARGtek) because I had seen on the net where it would extend the range. after installing the upgraded antennas it does bad. Loses signal in a few hundred feet it returns home. I try a different direction same thing. so after a few days of that I took the remote controller back apart cleaned the connections good and connected all three leads again. looks like a good connections but same answer. so it gets worse I purchased a new remote controller with the standard antennas and it does the same I can only fly a few hundred yards and start loosing signal. What is the best antenna? is it the one that comes with the remote are their one that really works better.  Or could it be a firmware issue? When I got the new remote yesterday I only had camera view no control of the camera so I read some post and updated the firmware and that fixed the problem. So I could control the camera and fly again but only short distance.
2016-3-29
Use props
scott15
New

United States

I have installed the ARGTek booster on my remote for my P3S as well.  It worked perfectly until the latest firmware update and now i cannot get video to connect or if it does it comes in and out constantly.  Is there a way to roll back the firmware to the previous version?
2016-3-29
Use props
drtownson1105
lvl.1

United States

scott15 Posted at 2016-3-29 09:51
I have installed the ARGTek booster on my remote for my P3S as well.  It worked perfectly until the  ...

I wished I knew which firmware I installed the first time. Because the p3s worked perfectly until I installed the signal booster on the remote. Was you able to fly further after installing the new antennas? I am going to keep trying something because it is like I have a completely different drone now even with the new controller I have.
2016-3-29
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

The trick to modding your controller is to insure you also re apply something such as hot glue to the connectors.  You want to make sure that the signal going out to the antenna signals have no way to leak.
That is why you see that white rubber applied to the connectors.

Also, as I am sure DJI-Ken is just itching to show you his video, I will beat him to the punch with mine.  You must insure you are facing in the direction of your bird while flying.

With the Argtek, insure that the panels and RC anetnnas are twisted on tightly.

2016-3-29
Use props
scott15
New

United States

drtownson1105 Posted at 2016-3-29 13:20
I wished I knew which firmware I installed the first time. Because the p3s worked perfectly until  ...

I installed the booster the first day i had the drone and it worked absolutely perfect until the last update was done.  There is nothing wrong with the booster kits we have (unless it is not installed correctly) so I am not going to say it caused the issue at all.  It was the firmware update without question.
2016-3-29
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Basically DJI does not recommend any hardware interference. Please notice that warranty will be voided by doing so.
If you use the original rc to link the drone but the drone triggers RTH in a short distance, you can contact our North America  service center . Here is the phone number and email address:
Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 5:00PM (PST)
+1 (818) 235 0789
support.us@dji.com
2016-3-30
Use props
drtownson1105
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-3-30 05:30
Basically DJI does not recommend any hardware interference. Please notice that warranty will be void ...

I bought a brand new remote that has not been modified and it still has the same problem.
2016-3-30
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

drtownson1105 Posted at 2016-3-30 22:49
I bought a brand new remote that has not been modified and it still has the same problem.

If firmwares of the RC and drone are the latest and you have tried to fly it in open area,I'd suggest you to contact our NA service center as above.
2016-3-30
Use props
drtownson1105
lvl.1

United States

Thanks to all for your comments. I and Going to contact support.
2016-3-31
Use props
water0106
Banned

Australia

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-6
Use props
drtownson1105
lvl.1

United States

I am experimenting with it now flying missions. It does not work for me to use the DJI go app it only flies a little ways and looses signal and returns home.
2016-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules