Center Focus Off
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mitchellcamps
lvl.1

United States

Hello,

So over the past few weeks I have been taking more and more photos with my P3P. One thing I have noticed consecutively while editing my photos in Lightroom CC is that the center focus is always off.

Here are a few examples:

Now, if you look closely you can see the edge is in focus

While the center is not

Another example:

Edge in focus

Center is not

One more example

Edge in focus

Center out of focus

Now I read that you can adjust the lens yourself but I am afraid of that voiding my warranty. Is this something I can send my 3 month old Phantom in to get fixed?

Thank you,

Mitchell

2016-3-29
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

Yes, you should be able to get it fixed.  They'll more than likely just swap the camera though to save time.
2016-3-29
Use props
jlspitler
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48130 ft

Camera has a 6 month warranty. I just sent mine in and it was gone for a total of 8 days. They replaced the entire gimbal and camera. I had a focus issue on the left side. Mine takes beautiful photos now.
2016-3-29
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hi , could you please upload your original DNG/JPEG files to dropbox and post the public link here ?
2016-3-29
Use props
gadde10
New

Sweden

Hello!
New user of Dji P3P.
So I finally bought a a new P3P last week and after the maiden flight at my parents house, I looked at the photos and felt a little dissapointed of the image quality.
So I started a Little research about the focus issue on the Phantom.
So I took some other photos when not in air, even a 4K record.
It seems like I have got an Phantom with the focus problem.
I will attach some samples here, maybe to get some feedback.
Wich is the fastest way to get this fixed? Return it to the dealer? Or send it directly to Dji?
Btw, I live in Sweden, so I guess it will go to the Neatherlands?
About 100 m
Standing still on ground
Small 4K clip (on ground)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kmsuts0yf0b6pv0/DJI_0073.JPG?dl=0
2016-3-31
Use props
fhagan02
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1854908 ft
United States

Exact same problem with a P3P a bought last week. Sent it back to B&H for an exchange. New bird arrived today. RC is changing. Fingers crossed I didn't receive another dud.
2016-4-1
Use props
hop_hopley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2136716 ft
United Kingdom

I suspected the camera on my P3A was out of focus, DJI confirmed after seeing some shots. Ended up taking it back to Currys for a refund and bought a new one from Drones Direct. The difference in quality is remarkable. See image below, taken (almost) from same position in the sky.

[img]https://forum11.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/%5BURL=http://s1202.photobucket.com/user/DrawsWithLight/media/Untitled-1_zpsteam4po4.jpg.html%5D[/URL][/img]
2016-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules