Newbie Question
758 8 2016-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nelsongc1
lvl.2

This might be a dumb question.  While descending if you hold the left stick all the way down for longer than 3 seconds will this also cut off the motors?  Also if the DJI app goes down during flight will RTH work?  I am new to the phantom 4 and just want to make sure i dont make a dumb error.  Thanks
2016-3-30
Use props
TK-421
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-30
Use props
TK-421
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-30
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

When the left stick is held down but you bird is still in the air at a high altitude, the motors will not cut off.  For me to be safe I never move the stick that far down.

As for the RTH, if the App crashes but you have not yet fired off the RTH, you can still execute the RTH feature on the controller.  Also while a RTH is being executed and the App crashes, it will still do the RTH.

Make sure to practice a lot manually landing just in case so that you do not have a crash.

2016-3-30
Use props
Nelsongc1
lvl.2

Thanks everyone.  First flight today if weather holds.
2016-3-30
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Microcyb has a good suggestion.What's more, here is safety tip for you before flight:https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8-vxWY64sBOmkQQJ2KWNL-uRBZsP43-r
2016-3-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Nelsongc1@msn.c Posted at 2016-3-30 08:20
Thanks everyone.  First flight today if weather holds.

Weather here nor there. ;-)
After you have thoroughly read the PDF manual, Use the onboard flight SIM to practice...

RedHotPoker
2016-3-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Think if the Go App as mostly a display device, all of the important features used to fly the aircraft originate in the RC unit itself. The phone/tablet could be removed and you can still fly it properly.
2016-3-31
Use props
bobasbury
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

For a minute, I thought Ty had let himself go.
2016-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules