choppy video
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gmb8166
New

United States

So I just bought my P 3 standart. First flight and the video is really choppy when I play it back on my pc. I have a Ares Ethos FPV, with a hd camera and the video on that is fine. I know the video on the p3 is better quality, but why is the choppy video? any body have any ideas?

2016-3-30
Use props
flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12425794 ft
  • >>>

More than likely your camera settings. Believe me when I say I'm no expert but ever since I changed my shutter speed to approx. twice that of my Frames per second,  I no longer have choppy videos. You must purchase sets of ND filters to achieve this in most cases unless your flying early morning or evening then you might be able to get away without using filters. Did I explain this correctly to those video experts out there?
2016-3-30
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Could be that your computer is not able to handle the footage. Were you filming at 2.7K?

~Dave
2016-3-30
Use props
zutama
lvl.2

Indonesia

Did you play HD video or 2.7K video? Also what is the specs of your PC? Some PCs may be not power enough to play the 2.7K or higher resolution
2016-3-30
Use props
jacko3333
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6070 ft

I had the same problem and was about ready to send it back.  Turns out it was the software--VLC, Quicktime, Irfanview, etc. all displayed a choppy video.  Then I played it back with good old Windows Media Player and it was as smooth as can be...
2016-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules