Standard 3 Trnsmitter s1, s2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jlccyoung
lvl.1

United States

I'm confused. Surprise, right? Can the S2 switch be used to set course lock and home lock without setting S1 to IOC  and using the Go app? What do the switches do? In what order? What are the hidden commands of this Standard transmitter that I'm missing? All the current videos are set for the different transmitter like the pro or advanced model. I was trying to use the simulator and the dang ap overheated my phone. I didn't know the phone would shut down apps in case of an overheat. That is one powerful app!

2016-4-1
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

There is a very ancient technology you must master,  Grasshopper.  Snatch this manual from my hand....
But seriously,  yeah there is a bit of a lack of info on stuff like this,  however,  on the Dji website you can get a manual for your Standard.  Basically,  the only use for the S2 switch on the Standard is to turn on the RTH feature.  It is also used to link the controller to the aircraft.  That's about it for the S2 switch.

P.S. in case you are to young to remember,  the Snatch this manual from my hand was a reference to an old tv show called Kung Fu.

So was the Grasshopper.

And yeah,  the Dji-Go app uses a lot of your devices power.  Most people find it works better to run in Airplane mode with 0 background apps running.
2016-4-1
Use props
jlccyoung
lvl.1

United States

Gracias Yoda.( more my time). If I have this correctly, you toggle the s2 to set the RTH. You can then toggle S1 to cancel. Do all the other commands only work on the Go app? What can I control from just the transmitter with out the phone? Are you also saying that just clicking the S2 switch won't change anything, if I'm in GPS or Attitude or IOC? It only works by toggling to get the RTH? Sorry to be so dense Yodasan. I'm trying not to use the " learn by crash" method of flying.  The woods surrounding my house are well fed with the carcasses of deceased copters.
2016-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules