Crash protocall
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
damienman12
lvl.1

United States

Unfortunately , my Phantom 3 Pro crashed yesterday. I was flying while sitting on a cliff near the ocean, I took off fine , had a great flight and as I was bringing it in to land right before I was able to grab it (there was no real good flat surface to land on ) the wind caught it and took it into the cliff. The drone then flipped on its top . and landed on a rock. I cut the propellers immediately and everything appears to be fine except for breaking the props. When I removed the props , I started it back up and the motors all seem to run normally. Gimbal appeared to move fine . I wasn't able to test it again , because I did not have extra props with me at the time . I'll probably test it in a few hours today and make sure its all working properly. Is there anything I should watch out for , or things that usually break or don't work in this situation? An experienced pilot friend of mine thinks ill be fine , just recalibrate everything , and toss the broken props. Anyone had a similar experience?
2016-4-1
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

A good whack can upset the IMU so  recalibrating the  IMU is always a good idea after a crash.
2016-4-1
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

Not into a cliff, but I'd wager 99% have crashed at least once. I agree with your friend and labroides...just recalibrate the IMU and compass and you should be good to go. Don't go too far or too crazy untill you have confidence it is flying normally.
2016-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules