1611 14 2016-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
t800238
lvl.1
Flight distance : 128822 ft
New Zealand

Hello,

My brand new P4 is dropping when it stops from forward flight.
My P3 does not. I have updated to latest firmware and calibrated.

Thank you

2016-4-1
Use props
Phan-TOM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61184 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine doesn't do it in forward flight, but if I make a quick turning stop it will lose at least 5 feet or more.
2016-4-2
Use props
hummingbird.uav
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I have noticed this too, happens when below 10m altitude. Click the link for a video in another post.
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 7&fromuid=47441
2016-4-2
Use props
boxerman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

My P4 never loses altitude in P mode when stopping,, yawing, or rolling.  It will gain/lose some when doing an abrupt stop from high velocity in S mode - but that's expected.
2016-4-2
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

I have experienced the drop when my P4 stops. It only happens when it is close to the ground and only sometimes. The drop is larger the higher the drone gets until about 10 meters at which point it probably switches to the GPS/barometer which seems more steady. It is really a concern when I bring in the drone for a landing, take my hands of the throttle and find that the drone continues to sink towards the ground.
2016-4-2
Use props
johnchao411
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45364 ft
Taiwan

grangerfx@gmail Posted at 2016-4-3 01:17
I have experienced the drop when my P4 stops. It only happens when it is close to the ground and onl ...

Same happens on mine, could that be an optical sensor issue???
2016-4-3
Use props
Topviewpics
lvl.2
Flight distance : 623232 ft
United States

Anyone experiencing this:

1 - When flying right to left the quad climbs 2-3 meters and then when you stop it drops the same amount?
2 - When flying left to right it does not climb or sink, only when the above happens.

Please test this with the back of the quad facing you and on approx. 200-300 ft path.
2016-4-3
Use props
joeglennaz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8327 ft
United States

I was flying a friends P4 this last week quite a bit and notice the same issue. It dropped almost at every stop, a good -5 feet. All were at lower heights say 20 feet and below. DJI do you have any answers? He's asking me because I'm the one that referred him to the P4. Also the optical sensors did not seem to work well. We were never comfortable enough to just let it go as it would not react ( if it did) until it was almost touching the object, like a big tree. Nothing like the promo videos. The track a person looses the person very easily. Is there a trick to using this system. Please advised any tips or tricks or if upgrades are coming in future firmware. Thank you!
2016-4-4
Use props
FatedFilmsNC
lvl.4

United States

joeglennaz Posted at 2016-4-4 15:30
I was flying a friends P4 this last week quite a bit and notice the same issue. It dropped almost at ...

That is the VPS? (correct me if i'm naming the wrong feature) or whatever the sonar sensors on the bottom are called. They dictate what altitude your drone will fly at due to what it's reading from what it's hearing from echoes it's sending to the ground. That's why it only happens sometimes. It happens when you fly below 10m over a repeated surface, such as water, grass, probably road, etc. It's in the manual.

edit** probably road without traffic lines painted on**
2016-4-4
Use props
Topviewpics
lvl.2
Flight distance : 623232 ft
United States

Any news on the latest firmware RE altitude loss (bobbing) and VPS On/Off switch?
I would like to know before updating the firmware to v1.1.301.
Thanks!
2016-4-8
Use props
Jason WAI
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3136201 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Any update about the altitude loss during flight. I've just experienced once after the latest firmware updated. Wi
2016-10-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Jason WAI Posted at 2016-10-23 07:55
Any update about the altitude loss during flight. I've just experienced once after the latest firmwa ...

Do you also use a Phantom 4? If so, do you use any of those aftermarket landing gear braces?
2016-10-23
Use props
Streetmagus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1398376 ft
United States

Jason WAI Posted at 2016-10-22 16:55
Any update about the altitude loss during flight. I've just experienced once after the latest firmwa ...

Try factory reset after your firmware update, and then IMU calibration (make sure you are on leveled surface, use a bubble leveler). Then restart the drone. Should be fine after that. I had a wrong height reading issue once, after this process, problem went away.
2016-10-23
Use props
Jason WAI
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-24 18:30
Do you also use a Phantom 4? If so, do you use any of those aftermarket landing gear braces?

Hi Jamie

This one is Phantom 4 . Just the aircraft , I do not put any other stuff on it.

Jason
2016-10-24
Use props
Jason WAI
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Streetmagus Posted at 2016-10-24 18:39
Try factory reset after your firmware update, and then IMU calibration (make sure you are on level ...

Hi Streetmagus

Thanks for your advice. I will try the factory reset and then do all the calibration tonight. I use bubble leveler too, thanks.

Jason
2016-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules