Home Point Change, for the worse?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FrankC
New
United Kingdom

I went flying at the weekend.  All started off well.  Flew a while.  Then I decided to practice flying around a tree just over the hill.   Walked to the crest of the hill.  Decided to update the HomePoint to the RC position....................  Its gone.  Normally you just tap the screen then re-set the Homepoint to the controller or its take off point.  But it simply was not there.  Had I c****d up the software on the latest, 1.7, update?   

Back at home I brought everything in.  No it was not a mistake it had gone.  After hunting around the software for a while I found it.  For some unfathomable reason DJI had move it 'inside' the software.  Go on see if you can find it.  Then imagine trying to do the same on a sunny day outside where you cannot read the screen easily.

My question is simple.  WHY????  If it was not broken then why 'fix' it?  Really easy to use and find before.  Why mess with it?

Please DJI give us back our Homepoint on screen control.
2016-4-4
Use props
scarper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59272 ft
Australia

It has indeed been moved to a crap place that isnt as easy to get to.... took me a while to find it the other day.....put it back please....
2016-4-4
Use props
birdingbilly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 843369 ft
United Kingdom

At least you can't reset the home point by accident now - maybe thats why they took it of the main screen
2016-4-4
Use props
pgrover516
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-4-4
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

also i found that mine sets the home point automatically from each take off. double fail safe? works ok for me. as long as the app sets the home point as i take off I'm happy. if it doesnt say home point set please check it on the map then id land and check it out manually.
2016-4-4
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

Bhujang Posted at 2016-4-4 15:26
also i found that mine sets the home point automatically from each take off. double fail safe? works ...

Hasn't it always done that?  I've never set home point any other way, because otherwise it doesn't reset the altitude.
2016-4-4
Use props
Rnfaust
lvl.4
Flight distance : 734938 ft

Moving it to the MC settings made it more awkward for me also. I assume their reason was (1) to avoid confusion with the RTH button and (2) clean up or simplify the main screen.
Once I found where it now lives, I can get to it easily reach it with only 2 extra clicks.

DJI must have thought we weren't using it that much. They would be wrong in my case.
2016-4-4
Use props
Richard in Bois
lvl.3
Flight distance : 34721 ft
  • >>>
United States

Didn't you guys get the memo?

Oh thats right... DJI doesn't have time to update documentation.
2016-4-4
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Please bring it back out front!!!!
2016-4-4
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Sorry for your frustration and this has been moved to MC settings
2016-4-4
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
United Kingdom

well just went out today and guess what hp is back on the front of the app. weird as i haven't done any upgrades...
2016-4-5
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
United Kingdom

nigelw Posted at 2016-4-4 17:04
Hasn't it always done that?  I've never set home point any other way, because otherwise it doesn't ...

it just seems to be a lot better at setting it now. before sometimes it didn't set it at all... Thats why i didn't know it was the same maybe... I used to always press set the home point button on the app one the main page.
2016-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules