A question for a new enthusiast - Metric to Imperial
1442 5 2016-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bill_feinsot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 364301 ft

Metric to Imperial conversion setting-
I've changed the setting within the DJI Go App to display readings in Imperial vs. Metric.  However, when I'm in the DJI Go App flying my Phantom 4 the readings for speed, distance & height still display in Metric.  Is there something I'm missing or not properly adjusting to display readings in MPH vs. M/S, Feet vs. Meters?  I've read the manual and looked for it online but haven't seen anything that would be helpful.  (yes, I do realize that Metric is more logical then the Imperial method but it's hard to teach old dogs new tricks)

Thank you for your help.

2016-4-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

You will eventually learn to love the more accurate Metric system.

We all have. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-4-5
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello, you can check it here. When I change the readings, it displays well like the second picture.
公制英制显示01 (1).PNG
公制英制显示01 (2).PNG

2016-4-5
Use props
madaerial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 512251 ft
United States

Like DJI Paladin, it displays correctly for me as well. Not sure why yours wouldn't be.

One very important thing to remember though is that RTH and max height settings are both still in meters, even after you have selected imperial.
I almost had a huge freakout once flying at 100 feet with RTH height set to 100 (what I though was feet but was actually meters) when low battery kicked in and I started ascending. So...that's good to know.
2016-4-6
Use props
wellsi
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

For the 3% of the World population clueless on metric, the easy conversion is 3 feet to 1 metre.  

The precise is 3.28 feet per metre.  
Here in the UK we've been unable to make our minds up for over 30 years so we've become quite good at hopping between the two.  Indeed our official Civil Aviation Rules on drones happily mix metric with imperial in the same rules:
>>>

http://publicapps.caa.co.uk/docs/33/1108.pdf

The person in charge must not fly the SUA: .......
c)
at a height of more than 1,000 feet above the surface (see Note 3);
d)
over or within 150 metres of any congested area

You couldn't make it up

Cheers

Ian
2016-4-6
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

wellsi Posted at 2016-4-7 02:25
For the 3% of the World population clueless on metric, the easy conversion is 3 feet to 1 metre.  

Yep, 3 feet to the metre, or 40" if you want more accuracy.  It's easier for mental arithmetic too, better than 3.28 feet.

The discrepancy in your legislation is understandable and is actually correct.  As flight is international, a common system is adopted globally to avoid confusion.  In aviation, altitude is measured in feet everywhere, despite most of the world using the Metric System.  It is much the same in nautical matters;  you pass other approaching vessels on the right even though you might be used to driving on the left.  So including feet for altitude and metres for distance is correct.
2016-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules