what exactly is the HDMI module?
3082 13 2016-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiphantom3xx
lvl.2

Canada

I don't exactly "get" what this is.

Does this mean I can hook up some kind of remote control to say my big screen TV at my place - then say have some friends sit there, watch t.v., while I go outside (say 500 feet away) - and they'd get a live feed of what I was doing?

Or....... what exactlty is it, and what is the range, etc?

Thanks!

2016-4-6
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

It provides your remote with a HDMI output socket.

You can output the video downlinked from the aircraft on it via HDMI cable.  It can also overlay some additional (different) graphics containing heading etc. if you enable it.  It is different from the Go app screen.  You could send it to a TV or a recorder, or broadcast it on a video transmitter if you have one, or to a pair of head-mounted goggles, used for FPV (first-person view) flying.  It looks like a bit like a HUD (heads up display) from a fighter aircraft.

There is also an option to stream your video "live" to youtube, but I've not had any success trying this.  You don't need the module for this.

2016-4-6
Use props
Nink
lvl.2

Canada

It's great for 2 person flying or when others want to get engaged in the experience.  The problem with the iphone or android in the google cardboard type displays is you no longer have a screen to touch and only one person can see it at a time.  It's a bit pricey but I use it everytime I go out now.  Love FPV mode with a Headplay you feel like you are really in the quad and it is so easy to fly like this. Suddenly all the upside down back to front controls that are impossible to use when your drone is facing the wrong direction make sense.  
2016-4-6
Use props
djiphantom3xx
lvl.2

Canada

OKay....... I think I get it... It's just an x-tra slot for the HDMI cable, right? (I actually thought the remote controllers HAD this - didn't realize it was a separate "option").

So it just provides a 2nd video feed (duplicate) of what I see on the go/pilot app? And okay - so if I had a "separate" video transmitter (that say accepted an HDMI cable) - I could live broadcast it that way - or just carry a bigscreen TV around in my car and hook it up that way, correct?

kk, thx! (Saved me about $99! I actually thought it was like a video 'transmitter' which I thought would be pretty cool. But if it's just an extra live video feed/slot - don't really need it at this time).

Thanks!
2016-4-6
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

djiphantom3xx Posted at 2016-4-7 04:51
OKay....... I think I get it... It's just an x-tra slot for the HDMI cable, right? (I actually thoug ...

This module provides an HDMI slot for those devices which need HDMI input signal such as FPV goggles or monitors . It is not a wireless transmitter.
2016-4-6
Use props
mrbillgill1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 717100 ft
United Kingdom

I'll be using it as a feed to another 7''' lcd monitor when I have clients on a shoot
2016-4-12
Use props
jwatt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 427867 ft
  • >>>
United States

mrbillgill1 Posted at 2016-4-12 05:16
I'll be using it as a feed to another 7''' lcd monitor when I have clients on a shoot

Right now we have been having problems with the HDMI out module with the new IOS update.  The module hen installed causes bad breakup in our IPad, though the signal to the HDMI monitor is great.  Communicated with tech support via chat and they say it is a known issue that they are trying to solve.
2016-4-12
Use props
mrbillgill1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 717100 ft
United Kingdom

I haven't upgraded iOS yet - will stay where I am - thanks
2016-4-12
Use props
Mr Smith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3621066 ft
  • >>>
United States

If I use this adapter with the regular Lightning cable and another HDMI cable, will it allow me to view 1080p real time FPV on my iPad screen? I'm just wondering if there is a way to view my real time footage in the same quality as what is being recorded... I would love to be able to see clearer images as I'm flying, but idk if the HDMI Module will send a high quality image straight back onto my iPad screen.

Lightning Digital AV adapter
2016-4-15
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Lightbridge (assuming you have a P3A, P3P or P4) signal back to your remote control sends the video at 720p, this of course can be resized to 1080p, but there would be no gain in quality. If it is being recorded on the SD card at 1080p or 4k you will not be able to view at this resolution until SD card removed from aircraft and viewed on computer.
2016-4-15
Use props
leorvasquez
lvl.2

Mr Smith Posted at 2016-4-16 10:05
If I use this adapter with the regular Lightning cable and another HDMI cable, will it allow me to v ...

I am thinking you buy the cable and give it a go. :-)
2016-4-16
Use props
leorvasquez
lvl.2

I was looking around online and had some crazy thoughts about buying the HDMI output module for my P3A and some FatShark Dominator V3 FPV Goggles and seeing for myself. :-) Another $450 out the pocket.
2016-4-16
Use props
kdcox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1386588 ft
United States

I just did that very thing and man is it awesome!  Have a set of headplay goggles on backorder too
2016-4-24
Use props
Barney2k
lvl.4
United Kingdom

It's just a way to add HDMI Out to the P3 - pretty simple stuff really.

Pretty simple to install from what I can see.

Supposed to be useful for "broadcasting or video monitoring" according to this.
2016-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules